• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

oceanmama

Beach Crab
Mar 19, 2006
I'm headed to SoWal next week and would love a great margarita. Don't care so much about the size, but more interested in a really good tasting "rita". Also, if anyone has a great reciepe, please share. I'd just as soon make some up and sip on them at the beach!

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
oceanmama said:
I'm headed to SoWal next week and would love a great margarita. Don't care so much about the size, but more interested in a really good tasting "rita". Also, if anyone has a great reciepe, please share. I'd just as soon make some up and sip on them at the beach!
Go to Bud & Alley's...walk upstairs to the rooftop bar. Ask for Mo...he makes the best margaritas on the beach. AKA a Mogarita. :clap_1:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Oceanmama, if you're adventurous you might want to try this recipe. Upgrade by using fresh lemon and fresh lime, though, not the "real lemon" stuff that comes out of the plastic bottle.

http://www.ozols.com/margarit.htm

dbuck

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
KY
Thanks Mermaid, I can't wait to try this. The beer in this mix sounds very interesting. I have never heard of a margarita made with beer.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Gotta agree with the above posts. I find it ironic that the WORST margaritas I have had in the area were from Mexican restaurants. Tasted like lime kool-aid (looked like it too!) and death by hangover tequila. There is also a new (to my knowledge) mix called Perfect (I think) Margarita found at most stores. Just add tequila, and I also like a bit of Grand Marnier. On the rocks-never frozen! :clap_1:

oceanmama

Beach Crab
Mar 19, 2006
Mermaid,
Are you absolutely sure about the BEER???? I can't imagine. But I agree the lime tasting ones are terrible!! I like the OJ taste, and I usually add a little to mine, but can never get that perfect taste! Only on the rocks is the way to go!!! We've got to find the perfect mix! Will some of you bartenders out there please give us the right mix of ingredients????

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
oceanmama said:
Mermaid,
Are you absolutely sure about the BEER???? I can't imagine. But I agree the lime tasting ones are terrible!! I like the OJ taste, and I usually add a little to mine, but can never get that perfect taste! Only on the rocks is the way to go!!! We've got to find the perfect mix! Will some of you bartenders out there please give us the right mix of ingredients????

Here is a very good beer margarita recipe!!!

1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
1/4 cup coarse salt
2 (12-ounce) bottles your favorite beer, chilled
1/2 cup frozen concentrate limeade, thawed
1/2 cup chilled tequila
Ice cubes

Rub lime wedges around rims of 4 margarita glasses. Dip rims into salt to coat lightly. In a medium pitcher, combine beer, limeade, and tequila. Fill prepared glasses with ice, then with margarita mixture. Garnish with remaining lime wedges. Serve immediately.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
kathydwells said:
Here is a very good beer margarita recipe!!!

1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
1/4 cup coarse salt
2 (12-ounce) bottles your favorite beer, chilled
1/2 cup frozen concentrate limeade, thawed
1/2 cup chilled tequila
Ice cubes

Rub lime wedges around rims of 4 margarita glasses. Dip rims into salt to coat lightly. In a medium pitcher, combine beer, limeade, and tequila. Fill prepared glasses with ice, then with margarita mixture. Garnish with remaining lime wedges. Serve immediately.

I can vouch for this and Mermaid's recipes. The beer really adds something. Makes it more "creamy" for lack of a better word. And the fresh lime or frozen limeade really makes it.On the rocks or shaken-not frozen. Most of that green "mix" is crappy--IMHO.

oceanmama

Beach Crab
Mar 19, 2006
I can't wait to try these! I'll be sitting on the beach with a huge margarita in my hand this time next week!!! (Maybe both hands!) It's 36 degrees and pouring rain here. I can't wait.