• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

marykaci

Beach Comber
Mar 30, 2010
i am coming to the area and the people i come with always order pizza one night in....any suggestions for the least greasy and freshest/ best veggie pizza? thanks

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Farmer's Market pizza at Pizza Bar in Seaside- topped with arugula. OMG I want one for breakfast!

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
Veggie pizza? I'm not expert on veggie pizzas. I love veggies, so try not to eat many, which kills the vegetables. However, I am a pizza eater. In SoWal, we are blessed to have some great pizza places. Let's see, Monday night, I had a perfect pizza at Fat Clamenza's. Authentic Italian thin crust pizza, cooked to perfection! On Thursday, for lunch I ate at Pizza by the Sea -- great crust, huge portions, wonderful people who own and operate it, a bit more chaotic atmosphere, as they welcome kids with open arms. Then, yesterday for lunch, I ate more pizza at Bud & Alley's Pizza Bar in Seaside. We ordered two pizzas and I think I ate most of both of them. Authentic Italian food, not just pizza, and a great casual atmosphere, with indoor and outdoor dining by the beach. The Margarita pizza (tomato sauce, basil, and mozzzarela) is simple and perhaps my favorite, but the Italian Sausage pizza is a close second. By the way, Pizza Bar is having a fundraiser on Sunday from 3-7pm with all you can eat pizza and beer for $20, with silent auction benefitting Alaqua (Animal Rescue). That is a bargain.

I guess I should go to the Pickle Factory (a pizza place, not a real pickle factory) to eat dinner tonight! I love the Pickle Factory, too. Great pizzas and a cool, quaint, casual atmosphere.

There is also Amore, which is great, but I cannot eat pizza six days a week.

fortheloveofpizza

Beach Comber
Oct 31, 2009
If you're looking for other alternatives
Amore is offering vegan rice cheese & whole wheat crust as an option.
:D

Amore Pizzeria
corner of 30a & 393 in Gulf Place

stayin' alive since 2005

flowerfriendly

Beach Comber
May 4, 2010
i love amore pizza!!! they also have special salads. my favorite is the half head lettuce with blue cheese===very refreshing. (i hope they read this because they have talked about bringing this salad back!)

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
You must try the pizza at pickle factory in Grayton. I suggest the kee mao and the prawn with sundried tomato. IMHO, best thin crust pizza in the area.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
If you're looking for other alternatives
Amore is offering vegan rice cheese & whole wheat crust as an option.
:D

Amore Pizzeria
corner of 30a & 393 in Gulf Place

stayin' alive since 2005

thanks for letting us know about your crust options! let us hear more!

we are really blessed with a range of fantastic pizzas on 30A and beyond. yes, Fat C's does the Italian one with perfection in a wood fired pizza oven - made with the hands of men from Italy. I just love that place.

30A pizzas are awesome too.

Chans WaterColor offers some great selections as well.
and don't forget Enzo's - delicious big Italian pizza pies! the kind of italian doughy crust that you just can't get enough of.
Bruno's has pizza by the slice $1.50 - and it is really delicious!
Pizza by the Sea - a real local favorite does their own kind of unique and delicious pie!
Pizza Bar - an incredible selection of freshly made pies with the freshest of ingredients!
fat Daddy's - good stuff!

its all very good... we never tire of pizza around here!

Last edited:

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
We've made the pizza rounds the last couple of years, seems like when we're not eating seafood we're eating pizza in SoWal-with a couple of side trips to Flip Flops for chili dog and bacon/blue cheese burger! I think I've had pizza everywhere mentioned except for Enzo's!

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Bruno's is my fav. They will make whatever pizza you want, even on the lunch buffet. Just ask nicely :)