• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

J.bean

Beach Comber
Mar 21, 2007
www.myspace.com
I've stayed in Grove by the Sea the last couple times I've been to sowal and always enjoyed it. However, now I am coming with my family and my husbands family. We want 2 houses in the same neighborhood and I've looked through them all and now need some advice. We want an uncrowded beach and uncrowded community pool. I know I can get that at grove by the sea, but the houses aren't quite big enough. So if anyone can tell me more about the following neighborhoods, I'd really appreciate it. In Seacrest, I'm looking at Cottages of Camp Creek, Seacrest Beach resort and Magnolia Cottages by the Sea. In Seagrove, Summer's Edge and Cassine Village. I'm looking forward to any information on any of these. Thanks!

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
:welcome: Jbean! Paula has a cottage at Camp Creek that sounds really nice. You can find out more by looking up her posts or pm'ing her. I love Seacrest. :love: We're down the street a little and the cottages look real nice and have a nice pool too. She may be booked already though. Look her up. :D

Last edited:

J.bean

Beach Comber
Mar 21, 2007
www.myspace.com
Thanks for the reply. :D One other thing I forgot to mention was stairs going down to the beach, a couple people in our party might not be up for too many. The walkover stairs at Andalusia for Grove by the Sea were fine for me, but a walkover with less stairs might be better for some. Are there any for the neighborhoods I mentioned?

dunelover

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
Oklahoma girl
www.thebeamstore.com
Since you were considering Magnolia by the Sea, thought I would thro this link in. http://www.vacationbythebeach.com/08_Magnolia.htmlWe found out about this rental company thru this board. Havn't stayed w/ them yet, but have booked and you absolutely can't beat the prices. :clap_1: The people were easy to work w/ as well. Staying first week in August at $95/night. It is further from the beach than I would like, but I do like the price/timeframe---Less croweded at that time as well, but still summer imo. Good luck.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Check your PMs. We are marketing our house in Seacrest Beach North with our friends' house next door -- they sleep 20 together (7 bedrooms total) with great views. The stairs may be an issue, but the development does offer tram service to the beach that I've found to be very reliable. It takes you almost to the stairs and then you just have to worry about going up & down.

An "uncrowded" pool is relative, depends on when you visit. Nothing is uncrowded the week of July 4. The Seacrest pool can get very busy but it is very popular with the kids and at 12,000 sq feet it is very large.

I wish you luck with your search!

I'm a big fan of Summer's Edge. It's south of 30-A, has a great neighborhood feel, and the beach is wide and gorgeous there. You can also go kayaking in Eastern Lake which is a few feet away. Kids also like playing in the outflow from Eastern Lake to the Gulf. My nephews (10 and 11) safely ride their bikes on that end of Eastern Lake Road because there is so little traffic at that end of the road and people are very respectful of children and pedestrians there.

BTW I have no vested interest in this because I don't own any property there.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
J.Bean. We do indeed have two side-by-side 3-bedroom/2 bath one-story cottages with big porches at the Cottages at Camp Creek. It's a great community. There are stairs going to the beach so you'll want to see if these are a problem for anyone. I can email photos to you if you decide you want to pursue our cottages and want to check the beach access first. I'm sure you'll find something that meets all your needs with all the communities along 30A.

julie oates

Beach Comber
Jul 13, 2005
We love Seagrove...bike riding, great atmosphere.....beaches, lots of fun things to do or just sit back and relax.....