• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seagrovebound

Beach Comber
May 11, 2005
What is your favorite restaraunt for a very special occassion? We will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and need suggestions. What about Bud & Alley's in Seaside? :dunno:

GVM

Beach Lover
Dec 25, 2004
For very special occasion...it's Cafe 30-A. Probably one of the most highly regarded restaurants in the state. It's just down from the Tom Thumb. Usually requires reservations.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Special - depending on your style:
Onano's - Rosemary Beach
Cafe 30-A - Seagrove Beach
Bud & Alley's - Seaside
Fish Out Of Water - WaterColor
Criolla's - Grayton Beach
Borago - Grayton Beach
Pandora's - Grayton Beach
Basmati's - Blue Mountain Beach
Cafe Tango - Santa Rosa Beach
Marina Cafe - Destin

It's hard to beat a window table at Fish Out Of Water. Get there for sunset.

Seagrovebound said:
What is your favorite restaraunt for a very special occassion? We will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and need suggestions. What about Bud & Alley's in Seaside? :dunno:

Cafe 30A IMHO :cool: I have disappointed too many times by Bud & Alley's. Caffe 30A is just awesome :cool: (take a credit card with a big credit line though :D )

Beach Girl

Beach Lover
Apr 6, 2005
St. Louis, Mo
Seagrovebound said:

Congrats on your 5 Year Anniversary! We just celebrated ours in March. We went to Seagrove the last week of April with our 14 month old....so needless to say, we did not have a romantic dinner. I've never tried cafe 30a but have heard it's awesome. I know other people love Pandora's but we were disappointed with their food. It's very "wood" tasting to me, and I just don't like that. Fish out of Water sounds and looks really neat.

Good luck!!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
kurt said:
Special - depending on your style:
Onano's - Rosemary Beach
Cafe 30-A - Seagrove Beach
Bud & Alley's - Seaside
Borago - Grayton Beach
Pandora's - Grayton Beach
Marina Cafe - Destin

It's hard to beat a window table at Fish Out Of Water. Get there for sunset.

For a very special dinner, I would narrow the list to:

Each has a great, romantic atmosphere, with excellent food and service.
If you like food with Asian flair, Basmati's would be my first pick. If you go, be sure to try the ginger ice cream and red bean icecream (combo plate) for desert.

Fish Out of Water and Criolla's have great wine selections, including the bubbly stuff.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Is Goatfeathers still there? That is our favorite place to eat while we are there! I suppose it is not romantic enough for an anniversary dinner, but we do like it!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Yes, Goat Feathers is still here. If you like Goatfeathers, I don't know how comfortable you will be in my recommendations -- they are a far cry from Goatfeathers.

Seagrovebound

Beach Comber
May 11, 2005
:D Looks like we may have to go with Fish Out of Water - that one seems to be universally liked! That is in the Watercolor development, right? I'll get some reservations. Thanks for the input guys!! Oh, does this place require coat & tie - because that is NOT our style?!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Seagrovebound said:
:D Looks like we may have to go with Fish Out of Water - that one seems to be universally liked! That is in the Watercolor development, right? I'll get some reservations. Thanks for the input guys!! Oh, does this place require coat & tie - because that is NOT our style?!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The courtroom is the only place in FLA that requires that.

Unless you're in an orange coverall. :blink:

Last edited: