• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Gravel road is, fantastic!

They have wonderful and unique food and it's affordable, too! If you want a great experience, ask for Russ, one of their servers!:clap::clap::clap:He's so knowledgeable about their food, way it's prepared and in his description, you can almost taste it!:love: Another great restaurant, is Bayou Bill's! I've been in and out of the area for years, but, had never experienced them! Now, I live here permanently and pass by them at their 98 location, everyday! Like I've said, "I'm not easily impressed with anything, or anyone"! I will recommend them, for sure! They have a Glass Blower, which wasn't there when I was there, this week. I've heard great things about that, too! Yet another reason, to return!:clap::clap::clap:
Gravel Road has been serving some wonderful fresh cobia lately!

Last edited:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
For whoever asked about The Back Porch, it essentially turned into a small chain (Southern Restaurants now has a number of outposts from PCB to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach) and as they kept expanding, the quality kept slipping at everywhere except the Destin Louisiana Lagianappe.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Int, I think stone crabs are only in season during the winter. I know we always get them for my birthday and Christmas but don't remember getting them in spring and summer. As a kid in Sarasota we had to dive for own. Now I'm spoiled by getting to just buy em, crack em and eat em.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
We all had great meals at Fish Out of Water at WaterColor tonight. Heard that Kenny Chesney was there last night. Will have to be more inquisitive about fish origins next time, but we all had excellent tasty meals.

jbtcardfan

Beach Comber
Apr 19, 2009
Mid week update....been to Nick's, Bayou Bill's, Bud and Alley's Taco Bar and short road trip to Dee's Hangout in PCB. All were good, but Nick's and Dee's were both well above average, very memorable.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
Int, I think stone crabs are only in season during the winter. I know we always get them for my birthday and Christmas but don't remember getting them in spring and summer. As a kid in Sarasota we had to dive for own. Now I'm spoiled by getting to just buy em, crack em and eat em.

The rule of thumb is that they are "in season" during months that have an "r" in them (Sep-Apr). BTW, I was born and raised in Sarasota....moved here 13 years ago to become a "northerner".