• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

fonesy

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2006
Illinois
We have one night to eat out during our week at the beach. We need your help.
If you had only one night to eat out in SOWAL, where would it be and what would you eat.
Thanks

pennstater

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
NJ/Inlet Beach
So many great choices but my 2 absolute favorites:

Basmati's - for spicey egg drop with crab soup and firecracker grouper
or
Borago's - tomato bisque and dinner portion of their appetizer scallops with polenta

RTR

Beach Comber
Aug 10, 2011
blue mtn.
Borago's - tomato bisque and dinner portion of their appetizer scallops with polenta......i'm so very glad i just saw this, did not think to do the dinner portion in the past.

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
If it was Sun or Mon, I'd go to Red Bar for dinner and live music by Dread Clampitt; I'd have the fish, the shrimp and crawfish pasta or paneed chicken and several cocktails!

If it was Tues-Sat, I'd go to Stinky's and have a taste of Stinky's platter and would make my hubby order the smokey braised short ribs or a shrimp plate!!!

SneakyPete

Beach Lover
May 8, 2009
Stinky's for the variety, consistency and price. It's traditional enough that you'll feel like you're eating "Florida food" but different enough that you don't feel like they're phoning it in. Or....just do an appetizer crawl, like bluecat suggested. Stinky's, Shorty's, Red Bar....then further down 30A.

I'd do Borago. We were there two nights out of four. One with the two of us, and once with my sister and her family. In boldface is what we had. Some were repeats. All were excellent.

Borago Dinner Menu

Antipasti
Tomato Bisque with fresh basil
Cornmeal dusted Calamari with a roasted garlic aioli and pomodoro sauce 13
Arroncini with tomato sauce, shaved Parmesan and a basil pesto sauce 10
Parmesan Fried Oysters with roasted corn relish and spicy tomato remoulade 12
Pan seared scallops with a soft cheese polenta and a roasted tomato butter sauce 14
Veal meatballs with soft cheese polenta and a roasted tomato sauce 12
Wild Mushroom Ravioli with ****akes, portabellas, and a porcini mushroom broth 12
Number one tuna, seared rare with arugula, fried capers, shaved Parmesan and a spicy mustard sauce 14
Housemade Focaccia Bread with parmesan, cracked pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar 5 (first basket complimentary)

Insalata
Classic Caesar salad with Foccacia croutons 8
Mixed greens with roma tomatoes, Fontina cheese and a roasted shallot vinaigrette 8
Arugula salad with Gorgonzola, toasted walnuts, lemon and extra virgin olive oil 10

Primi
Linguine with tomato sauce, basil, garlic and Parmesan 15
Angel hair with red chilies, olive oil, garlic and Parmesan 15
Three meat Bolognese with cheese tortelloni and shaved Parmesan 22
Fusilli with toasted pine nuts, artichokes, calamata olives, fresh mozzarella and basil pesto sauce 20
Angel hair with pan seared shrimp, prosciutto, basil, olive oil, garlic and a mirror of tomato mascarpone cream 22
Penne with hot Italian sausage, roasted tomatoes, caramelized onions, portabella mushrooms and herbed goat cheese 20
Chicken linguine with pancetta, shiitake mushrooms, carmelized onions, fresh corn and parmesan cream 20

Secondi
Grouper “Niçoise” with artichokes, calamata olives, tomatoes, haricot verts, whipped potatoes and a white wine butter 29
Horseradish Encrusted Salmon with soft cheese polenta, mixed vegetables and aroasted tomato butter sauce 25
Grilled Filet topped with Boursin cheese served with herb and Parmesan risotto, tiny green beans and tobacco onions 35
Sautéed shrimp and scallops over parmesan and herb risotto, mixed vegetables and a pesto cream 28
Roasted eggplant lasagna with squash, zucchini, mushrooms, tomato fondue and three cheeses 24
Balsamic glazed pork tenderloin with stone ground polenta and haricot verts 29
Chicken or Veal Piccata with whipped potatoes, haricot verts and a lemon caper buerre blanc 24/28

Fricasssee (new on menu – I don’t have the description)

We've had everything on the menu in the past. It's all great. Note: the dining room is noisy. With four or fewer, sit at the bar. For a larger group, sit on the screened porch so that you can hear. It's not an age thing -- even my teenaged nephews complained about the noise in the dining room.

And they do have TVs at the bar on closed caption. ;)

fonesy

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2006
Illinois
We went to the "V" in Seagrove. Wish we hadn't. We had children, and was not impressed with their "attitude"
My hubby's dinner was not good, and mine was not something I would ever have to eat again. Thanks for the advice... wish we would have taken it.