• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
Where in So Walton would I go to take care of above business? Voters registration, drivers license, home stead exemption. Anything else I'm missing?

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Except the driver's license. Local DL offices are:
DeFuniak 892-8085 or 892-8086
Fort Walton Beach 833-9122
might try Bay County Tax Collector on Panama City Beach; they can do some DL functions but don't know about new one moving in from out of state. (850)233-5035.

Sarah Moss

Beach Lover
Apr 5, 2006
Black Creek
:welcome: Rick, If you haven't taken care of this yet and have trouble choosing from Ft. Walton or DeFuniak for a drivers license, I must suggest DeFuniak! There is rarely any wait and it's a nice drive north and away from traffic and congestion. The office, a small trailer, is in the same parking lot as the fair and has hog cages (sans hogs) to the right when you walk up the ramp. The visit is the most pleasant you could ask for while getting your license! One time I needed a new license and had it in under 5 minutes (without an appointment), other times I have been entertained by the goings on in the office during a short wait. The nice people there have even retaken my picture because I didn't like the first one! :clap:

Going to Ft. Walton in heavy traffic to a crowed license bureau is not very Sowalian and could prove to be quite stressful! No one should have go through that!!

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
There is rarely any wait and it's a nice drive north and away from traffic and congestion. The office, a small trailer, is in the same parking lot as the fair and has hog cages (sans hogs) to the right when you walk up the ramp. The visit is the most pleasant you could ask for while getting your license! One time I needed a new license and had it in under 5 minutes (without an appointment), other times I have been entertained by the goings on in the office during a short wait.

Unless, of course, you go while the one DMV person there is at lunch or is giving a behind the wheel driving test to someone!

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Can you get a FL driver's license at the tax offices yet? I know they're starting to handle some DL responsibilites as well as license plate/tax issues.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Except the driver's license. Local DL offices are:
DeFuniak 892-8085 or 892-8086
Fort Walton Beach 833-9122
might try Bay County Tax Collector on Panama City Beach; they can do some DL functions but don't know about new one moving in from out of state. (850)233-5035.

I got my FL DL at the Bay County office- - I was going to PCB that day and it was handy! So yes, they do handle movers from out of state.