• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Ready2Go

Beach Comber
Jun 27, 2007
St. Louis
I am looking for a rental July 28-Aug. 4. I have rented previously in Old Florida Beach and Old Florida Cottages. I liked the close proximity to the beach, it was an easy stroll. I need a 3-4 bedroom. There will be my husband and I, 2-18 yr. olds, 16 yr., 12 yr, and 10yr. There are a lot of homes available this week to choose from. I don't know which area and could use an opinion. How is the development of Cypress Dunes? I was also looking at Summer's Edge which seems family friendly. Are the newer homes there far from the beach and are there any views? Does anyone have info. on the area in Seacrest with the large pool? Is it easy for my teenagers to leave and find somewhere to go and grab a bite and check their email? Thanks for any input.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
It sounds like you definitely need a place that is within walking distance to either, Gulf Place, Seaside, or Rosemary/Seacrest. Based on my daugher and her friends, for teenagers, it seems that Seaside is the most popular due to free entertainment, shops, and restaurants. (I admit I'm a little biased since our rental is within easy walking distance to Seaside, but alas, it's rented for that timeframe!) Rosemary is also getting more interesting with new shops and restaurants opening up.

Cypress Dunes is beautiful, but not within easy walking/biking distance to stuff the kids will like.

Summers Edge is a great rental community, especially if you have little kids. It is walking distance to a few shops and restaurants, but not a great "hang out" area for the teenagers. Seaside is down the road a bit, probably ok for a bike ride.

I'd recommend a rental to the west of, or very close to, 395 in Seagrove, since it's easy walking to Seaside and close to Watercolor. (Again, I'm biased!) Although mine is rented, there are others in the area. Sunburst Rentals at 866 310-5718 manages a lot of houses there. There is also one on Hickory St, I think called Camelot, that is managed by Emerald Sun that is very nice.

I'm sure there are other SoWalers that can give recommendations near Rosemary/Seacreast, which would be my second choice for a family with teenagers.

Happy hunting!!

Ready2Go

Beach Comber
Jun 27, 2007
St. Louis
OK I messed up. I am a procrastinator! I wanted to make sure my husband who just took a job in Utah would actually meet us for a week in SOWAL.
The home we wanted to rent in Summers Edge is only available for half that week. We want a rental July 28- Aug. 4. I need to find a house preferably with 4 BR or 3 and a bunk room. I would like to be South of 30A, $2600 price range. Any input would be well received. Looking forward to a little R&R, especially after today. My son was in an accident and I'm pretty sure there is no hope for my van. He is fine! We will have to get a rental car for our trip.