• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
I'm ready for some pasta and family wants seafood every day of their trip so which Italian restaurant has the best of both worlds? I want great red sauce!

The menu at Borago's, Enzo's and Pasta Grill all look good but I'm open to your rec's.

Thanks ahead!!

kkddbb

Banned
May 13, 2009
borago's hands down! if you want great food, consistency and a good atmosphere than borogo's is the place-period. enjoy.....

Foodlover

Beach Fanatic
Oct 15, 2006
South Walton
I'm ready for some pasta and family wants seafood every day of their trip so which Italian restaurant has the best of both worlds? I want great red sauce!

The menu at Borago's, Enzo's and Pasta Grill all look good but I'm open to your rec's.

Thanks ahead!!

I love Boragos! I have heard good things about Enzos from others on this board -- I simply have not had the chance to try Enzos yet. If you want to stay on 30A, I highly recommend Boragos -- one of my favorite places to eat! Great steaks and Italian dishes and some good seafood dishes too! My favorite Italian dish is the three meat Bolognese with cheese tortelloni and shaved Parmesan. I also enjoy the Penne with hot Italian sausage, roasted tomatoes, caramelized onions, portabella mushrooms and herbed goat cheese. Oh and the Balsamic glazed pork tenderloin with stone ground polenta and haricot verts is to die for!

As far as seafood at Boragos, my favorite is to order a dinner size portion (double portion) of the antipasti dish - Pan seared scallops with a soft cheese polenta and a roasted tomato butter sauce. The polenta is sooooo good at Boragos as are the scallops. Yummy!

Another great Italian restaurant in Sowal? if you do not mind venturing onto Hwy 98 is Fat Clamenza?s. the Italian food is soooo good. The menu is mostly Italian ? but for the seafood bunch at dinner ? there is the Frutti Di Mare -- fresh seafood marinated in extra virgin olive oil and garlic ? it is served warm and is delicious!

Welcome to Fat Clemenza's! Food for the Whole Mob

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
Borago sounds great but the dressiest clothes we brought are shorts and polo shirts, would this be dressy enough? we looooooved Fat Clemenza's last year so that's in the running but I don't know if the family will want to drive that far this evening.

My husband and I had a delightfuL and delicious meal at Enzo's in February. Two years ago, we had a delightful and delicious meal at Borago. We did not return to Borago this year because one year ago, I had a terrible meal at Borago (old/ammoniated shrimp and indifferent service, even when I told them the problem). However, one bad meal isn't enough to write off a place that a lot of people like (and which I loved the first time I went). And - the pasta aand pork at Borago were superb both times. So - it's kind of a toss up. Can't speak to Pizza Grill or Fat Clemenza's.

Borago sounds great but the dressiest clothes we brought are shorts and polo shirts, would this be dressy enough? we looooooved Fat Clemenza's last year so that's in the running but I don't know if the family will want to drive that far this evening.
Borago's is a great morph of Italian and seafood. We have been there after doing household and landscaping maintenance at our home all day and too lazy to shower. We spritzed ourselves with Jo Malone. No one seemed to mind This is the beach -- people who are dressed up too much look like newbies.