• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
A Better South Walton has a 2016 Budget of $102,000 for its project to incorporate South Walton. They decline to release the names donors of $500.00 or more to the project. They should not hide their supporters ! The voters of South Walton should know who's driving this movement.

ABSW7.jpg

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Hopefully, they will be inspired to disclose this information given the WCTA's focus on this issue.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
I thought sunshine laws applied to goverenment not private groups.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Has the WCTA taken a stance on the incorporation issue? If so, what is the stance and why?

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
I thought sunshine laws applied to goverenment not private groups.
I believe you are correct, but since they are proposing an additional layer of government, it would be nice to know who the significant supporters are. Transparency is a good thing IMO.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Has the WCTA taken a stance on the incorporation issue? If so, what is the stance and why?

Not at this time Bob. Two key pieces of the feasibility study have not been released.

We have written our analysis of their released data and hopefully they will release the balance soon.

We will release our analysis at the appropriate time.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I believe you are correct, but since they are proposing an additional layer of government, it would be nice to know who the significant supporters are. Transparency is a good thing IMO.

Are they required to do that ????

No but from the beginning they stated they would be totally transparent.

They are a 501c4 and must submit a 990 for their 2016 fiscal year.

We feel its VERY Important to know who is funding the 102,000 budget.