• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
With the 25th annual Sandestin Gumbo Festival coming up I thought I would ask - what local restaurant has a great bowl of gumbo? Who has your favorite? Stinky's, Grayton Bar & Grill, Marigny ... ????

Let's start a SoWal List of grayt GUMBO.

I love many good bowls in the area, especially 98 BBQ! John won the gumbo festival for 5 years in a row.

:wave:

130425-stinkys-049-2.jpg

Last edited:

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Shorty's is quite good and so is Pompano Joe's and Stinky's! Will have to try Marigny. Does Messina's have gumbo?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Yes, I went to Messina's with a friend for brunch last Sunday. I ordered the 7 layer breakfast lasagna and he ordered the vegetarian egg's benedict. We both thought what we had was fabulous! I want to go back to try the bar-b-que shrimp which I still remember as some of the best shrimp I have ever eaten. I tried them in NOLA. My only complaint with them is that they are not open for lunch.

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Yes, I went to Messina's with a friend for brunch last Sunday. I ordered the 7 layer breakfast lasangua (sp) and he ordered the vegetarian egg's benedict. We both thought what we had was fabulous! I want to go back to try the bar-b-que shrimp which I still remember as some of the best shrimp I have ever eaten. I tried them in NOLA. My only complaint with them is that they are not open for lunch.

They will be open for lunch in March last I heard.