• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
That staple of southern fried seafood baskets- the hushpuppy- has really fallen from grace! It seems that even the country style places have forgotten how to do them well . Anybody out there know of a light inside, crunchy outside, old time hushpuppy? Even a good recipe would be appreciated, though I really think a deep fryer is needed.

Last edited:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
That staple of southern fried seafood baskets- the hushpuppy- has really fallen from grace! It seems that even the country style places have forgotten how to do them well . Anybody out there know of a light inside, crunchy outside, old time hushpuppy? Even a good recipe would be appreciated, though I really think a deep fryer is needed.

Seagrove Village Market! :love:

jackie

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2006
chicago burb

Dewey Destin:D

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
Coincidentally, I stole a hushpuppy of the plate of a friend of mine while at dinner at Cafe Bouchee Friday night--I commented to one of the owners that it was the best hushpuppie I'd ever had! And it was!

Last edited:

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
I second that emotion! My hairdresser, too! He owns several properties in the 30A area, and he admitted to me that he takes back a box of them to ATL before he leaves the beach.
I will certainly give the "Market" a try. I must admit it has been a few years since we ate there. My husband and I lived across the street for a while and relied on them for so many meals!