• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
My family and I commented that good fried make a BIG difference in the meal. Hopefully some restaurants read this site and will make a few changes.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
2011-10-07_13.09.21[1].jpg

The winner is "98 BBQ"..fries are awesome and better than any we've had in SOWAL. Thanks to all that recommended them. We have eaten there but never had the fries. Must admit that the BBQ was just as great. Other BBQ places have a little too much fat in their mixture and don't get me wrong, I love fat! We have ordered take out from a place down the street four times in the last couple of months and although very tastey I am amazed at the amount of fat.

Yeah for 98 BBQ.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
View attachment 25571

The winner is "98 BBQ"..fries are awesome and better than any we've had in SOWAL. Thanks to all that recommended them. We have eaten there but never had the fries. Must admit that the BBQ was just as great. Other BBQ places have a little too much fat in their mixture and don't get me wrong, I love fat! We have ordered take out from a place down the street four times in the last couple of months and although very tastey I am amazed at the amount of fat.

Yeah for 98 BBQ.

totally agree! 98 BBQ does great fries and BBQ! and great BBQ is hard to come by in Florida, imo!

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Nicks on the Beach onion rings are hand sliced, dipped and breaded per order. They're pretty good.
I make a total pig of myself when it comes to these onion rings !!

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
98 BBQ has hand cut fries, delicious. Also, Johnny McTighes. I have been wanting to check out the fish and chips at Maries.

There are some good fries in SoWal but you MUST know where to look.

OH, The Vue (Santa Rosa Golf & Beach Club) - absolutely awesome small wedge fries.

I agree with above statement about Aegean - I love everything about that place.

Seagrove Village Market Cafe has very good fries.

The real and real good french fry is vanishing. The fake tasting (coated) ones are taking over, even in some of our favorite places around town.

Teresa,

I dug up the thread from last year and YOU were the one that sent me to 98 BBQ. Thanks. They are great. Now you must try Edward's. I have only had them once and it was after lent and no fries for 40 days! But I am sure they are as good as I remember them from last week.

Again, thanks.

Hopefully someone will come up with other places. I drive far distances for good food.

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Teresa,

I dug up the thread from last year and YOU were the one that sent me to 98 BBQ. Thanks. They are great. Now you must try Edward's. I have only had them once and it was after lent and no fries for 40 days! But I am sure they are as good as I remember them from last week.

Again, thanks.

Hopefully someone will come up with other places. I drive far distances for good food.

Thanks for finding this thread Iris!

Kurt's rules for good fries apply (above post).

I can't wait to try Edwards fries!!!

I must add to my favorite french fries in SoWal list, and I'll start by listing the oldies:
McTighes
Maries
98 BBQ
The Vue
Little Italy
Coram's
Nicks on the Beach
Donut Hole
First Note Cafe

First Note is the latest french fry I tried and LOVE! and they have a great burger to go with 'em.

On my list to try:
Edwards
Pickles Seaside (new, revamped menu and I hear they have a fantastic burger with hand cut fries).

I think Bud & Alley's has good fries but will have to go and verify!