• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dgsevier

Beach Fanatic
I believe (insert name here) will win The Masters this weekend.

If you want to you can also put some sappy dribble here about why you think "Ol' So-and-so" will or won't win, or how Tiger will crush all who dare walk into his illuminating aura, but that just means someone else will read it later and think you're stupid. That silliness is at your own risk.

Last edited:

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I believe the person who shoots the lowest score by keeping the ball in play, choosing good layup positions, limits herculean attempts to reach par 5's in 2 after two-three days of raining, doesn't get intimidated by the # 7 green and #10 fairway that are so steep you could ski down them without snow, has a good putter, likes azaleas and hate's water, and has never won a Master's before like the last two winners will win The Masters this weekend with a score near par due to the increased length (7400+ yards), rain, cold and limited practice time. Hopefully, I will be there to see it. I have a 50-50 chance and am fired up about it.

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
tiger, mickelson, boo, zack johnson, anthony kim.....i can't decide.

Last edited:

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
anyone sampling the reasonably priced egg salad sandwiches will win...anyone standing by an exit gate taking a used patron pass for a practice round will win...all the fish in rae's creek will win if they don't use that tidybowl dye in the water ....the world of golf will win if the f bomb using, club throwing petulant one of windermere does not win.

mtlinscomb

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2009
Houston, TX
I think it will come down to Tiger and Goosen. One thing you can bet on with Norman returning is there will be plenty of choking footage played over and over. I hope he is in contention come Sunday, but I doubt it.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
anyone sampling the reasonably priced egg salad sandwiches will win...

I won, I won.... Not to mention the pimento cheese sandwiches and best lemonade this side of... well it is very good lemonade. We walked all day Saturday and had a seat watching the 15th green and 16th hole on Sunday. Watched Tiger and Phil on a couple of holes (talk about Arnie's army). Incredible and definitely the sports highlight I thought it would be. The one thing that can't be overstated though is the level of respect that the majority of the attendees have for the event. The security is strict on it and if you lose your credentials it isn't just for one year, it is for life so people are careful about selling to idiots.

I hope I have another chance to go and if anyone else ever gets the chance and likes golf (or beautiful golf courses), they should take it... or better yet PM me and I will take them for you.:D

As a final note, it was great seeing Kenny Perry (my choice) so appreciative of the fans walking up the 16th fairway after hitting his tee shot within a couple of feet to go two up with two to play. But it seems like that same emotion is what messed him up on his next two holes, and ultimately the match. Anybody got tickets for next year :dunno:

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
I won, I won.... Not to mention the pimento cheese sandwiches and best lemonade this side of... well it is very good lemonade. We walked all day Saturday and had a seat watching the 15th green and 16th hole on Sunday. Watched Tiger and Phil on a couple of holes (talk about Arnie's army). Incredible and definitely the sports highlight I thought it would be. The one thing that can't be overstated though is the level of respect that the majority of the attendees have for the event. The security is strict on it and if you lose your credentials it isn't just for one year, it is for life so people are careful about selling to idiots.

I hope I have another chance to go and if anyone else ever gets the chance and likes golf (or beautiful golf courses), they should take it... or better yet PM me and I will take them for you.:D

As a final note, it was great seeing Kenny Perry (my choice) so appreciative of the fans walking up the 16th fairway after hitting his tee shot within a couple of feet to go two up with two to play. But it seems like that same emotion is what messed him up on his next two holes, and ultimately the match. Anybody got tickets for next year :dunno:
you lucky dawg!!!! on the to do before i play the back nine with the reaper list

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc

Dangitall! Missed you! I was around 15, 16, 17~~~~~ maybe next year, we can coordinate!

Cheers~~~~~~~~~

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal

Went in 96. It was so beautiful. I remember some guy in front of us going in with a McDonald's coffee cup. One of the marshalls politely asked him to please pour his coffee into a Master's cup. Sandwiches were ridiculously cheap. Parking was even cheaper. One of the best experiences EVER!!!