• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WCcitizens

Beach Lover
Mar 25, 2008
Miramar Beach
I guess you know the secret that the rest of us locals know- the employees of all the businesses in this area are beamed in from another planet.:roll:

Not another planet, but usually from a different country. Last time I checked you can't vote with a work visa.;-)

eagle11rb

Beach Comber
Jul 18, 2008
People! People! can you at least wait until after the elction before going crazy about the signs! The signs will be picked up dont worry. I know I will go back and pick up the signs I put out for my candiate.

Seeker1

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2008
very pointy point

Any candidate who sincerely cares about this county will of course pick up his/her signs, and as soon as possible I am sure. At least we will be able to see who cares and who doesn't....
As usual you make a good point. But isnt it already apparent what candidates think by the placing of the signs in the first place?

Seeker1

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2008
Class! Claaaaaasss!!

People! People! can you at least wait until after the elction before going crazy about the signs! The signs will be picked up dont worry. I know I will go back and pick up the signs I put out for my candiate.

Some signs are already being picked up and tossed into the bushes. But very selectively I notice.
I wonder if thats legal.

Last edited:

Yahoodie

Beach Lover
Nov 25, 2007
I think it is actually illegal to interfere with the political signs but it is nearly impossible to convict unless the witness wants to come forward.
I too have seen my candidate's signs disappear and another candidate's sign appear in the same exact spot and also have found my candidate's signs in the bushes. Unfortunately it just has to be chalked up to overeager and maybe immature supporters and then passed over. Just pick up your candidate's sign, put it up again and go on...
and although the signs are distracting to us, Seeker1, it has become almost "mandatory" to put signs up. One candidate has said he has over 3000 signs! Seems to me this is overkill. . . .

sidandpattib

Beach Comber
Jan 25, 2008
FYI : When an individual qualifies for political candidacy, he/she signs an agreement in the Supervisor of Elections office to collect his/her signs within a specified timeframe following the election.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
FYI : When an individual qualifies for political candidacy, he/she signs an agreement in the Supervisor of Elections office to collect his/her signs within a specified timeframe following the election.
Thank you for this very informative post. My only "wonder" is why didn't all those so worried about signs before the election has been totally completed know this information in the first place?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
We knew it - the reality is that you'll still see signs littering the landscape long after the election.
THE ELECTION ISN'T OVER YET!!! Come back with the whining at least one day after results are in.