• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachboy31

Beach Crab
Apr 2, 2008
On several occasions over the last two years my business has required me to travel to the City of DeFuniak Springs. During this time, I have had the opportunity to meet with City and County officials. One of the City officials I have been in contact with is City Marshal Michael Adkinson Jr. On ever occasion Marshal Adkinson has been very professional and represented the City of DeFuniak Springs in a positive way. When in conversation with Marshal Adkinson one gets a true feeling of his concern for the well being of DeFunaik Springs citizens and visitors.

Marshal Adkinson has held town hall meeting such as "Dinner with the Chief" to keep citizens and employees informed on programs/improvements scheduled for the Marshal's Office. I am only aware of a few improvements Marshal Adkinson has made while serving the citizens of DeFuniak Springs, FL. I wanted to take the time and point a few of them out.

1. When Marshal Adkinson began service officers wore three (3) different
styles of badges. To date that has been corrected.
2. Marshal Adkinson implemented a physacal fitness program.
3. Marshal Adkinson implemented a policy and procedures for day to day
operation of the agency.
4. Marshal Adkinson set organization goals and objectives, professional
growth of employees to meet requirements established by State law and
administrative rules.
5. Marshal Adkinson initiated the Accreditation process from the
Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation, Inc.

This list covers only a few topics I became aware of by attending meeting attended by Marshal Adkinson. This short, but powerful list proves Marshal Adkinson is committed to a high standard of professional law enforcement services to the DeFuniak Springs residents and visitors.

I know if elected Sheriff of Walton County Michael Adkinson will continue on this path providing professional law enforcement services to all residents and visitors of Walton County by demanding professionalism, excellence, and competence from all Walton County Sheriff's Office employees.

Thank you for your time reading my post,
beachboy31

WCcitizens

Beach Lover
Mar 25, 2008
Miramar Beach
:clap:I understand truly how you feel. Like I said earlier in other replys, I am going to pledge my vote toward Marshal Adkinson this August because he is the most qualified running for sheriff. I have only spoken to Marshal Adkinson twice and each time he was very polite and has always put his employees first before anything else, from equiptment to pay raises. He probaly wouldn't know who I am today or even recognise me face to face, since I've grown a beard but first impressions last forever and I definitely remember him from Sandestin. Walton County is ready for a true leader in the WCSO. Someone they can look up to and be proud to work for.
I have alot of friends through out Walton County from the north end to the south end and the majority of them support Marshal Adkinson and believe he will do an awsome job if elected. Now there are others running for sheriff also who are very polite, but the most qualified in my opinion is Marshal Adkinson. :wave:

sandybanks

Beach Fanatic
Mar 15, 2008
In a nice place
:wave:I try not to say to much about this race for Sheriff but I have to say that the Sheriff has always been nice to me. I know Mr. Adkinson also and would say that we need to stick with the man who has done a great job for Walton County and that would be our current Sheriff.:wave:

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
:wave:I try not to say to much about this race for Sheriff but I have to say that the Sheriff has always been nice to me. I know Mr. Adkinson also and would say that we need to stick with the man who has done a great job for Walton County and that would be our current Sheriff.:wave:

Are you serious?????:bang:

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008

Please tell us what great things the current sheriff has done. I am willing to hear what you have to say on this subject.

sandybanks

Beach Fanatic
Mar 15, 2008
In a nice place
I find him to be a man of integrity, he is always friendly with his constituents. He makes sure the public is safe and he is hard on crime.

He bends over backward to make sure South Walton does not have vagrants hanging out on 30A in the summer time.

He is always available to talk to when you need to talk to him and he has hired great deputies to enforce the law.

Being Sheriff is no easy task and I would go further and say that it is hard to please 50% of your family so to try to please half of Walton County is not an easy task.

I believe he will win easily and would think that many on this site should be a little bit more grateful for what he does for Walton County.

For those who are from other towns, I think many would have to agree we have a low crime rate and I think we can thank the Sheriff for that.:wave:

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
I find him to be a man of integrity, he is always friendly with his constituents. He makes sure the public is safe and he is hard on crime.

He bends over backward to make sure South Walton does not have vagrants hanging out on 30A in the summer time.

He is always available to talk to when you need to talk to him and he has hired great deputies to enforce the law.

Being Sheriff is no easy task and I would go further and say that it is hard to please 50% of your family so to try to please half of Walton County is not an easy task.

I believe he will win easily and would think that many on this site should be a little bit more grateful for what he does for Walton County.

For those who are from other towns, I think many would have to agree we have a low crime rate and I think we can thank the Sheriff for that.:wave:

:rofl: :yikes:

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
Wana talk about Bldg 7 awhile. Talk about uninformed !

You have got to be a Ron Paul supporter !

The only thing I will ever be grateful to Ralph Johnson for is when he moves to his 1.82 acre horse ranch in Tennessee. "Ralph - don't let the county door hit you in the rear end on the way out of Walton County".

Last edited: