• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
There is not a single decent top end restaurant in Panama City. Period. Firefly is the only place that could even be considered to meet most people's criteria for fine dining, and it's terrible IMO. 30 Degree Blue at Bay Point was terrific, but is gone now. I don't count The Terrace as a PC establishment, since they're really at Inlet Beach. I don't have a good explanation for this. Even leaving the tourists out of the equation, there's a ton of local money in PC that should support nice restaurants year round. I guess the locals in Bay County, even the monied ones, just don't appreciate the finer things. The Redneck Riviera lives on.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
When in Rome, do as the Romans do...when in PC, make it cheap and cater to the lowest common denominator.

With that said, there are a few places to get good food in PC even if there are no white tablecloths/Grey Poupon establishments.

jamnolfin

Beach Lover
Mar 6, 2007
Please dont confuse Panama City with Panama City Beach. PCB has better restaurants and bars than 30-A and destin combined and it isnt even close. Theres nothing that beats RedBar on 30-A, fine dining or not. Fine dining is such a primadonna term anyway. If a restaurant isnt a good place to drink at, who cares about the food. I live in Inlet beach, plenty of great places to eat so Im looking for something else. Its all the same anyway, we should be one county from Hathaway bridge to Destin.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
There is not a single decent top end restaurant in Panama City. Period. Firefly is the only place that could even be considered to meet most people's criteria for fine dining, and it's terrible IMO. 30 Degree Blue at Bay Point was terrific, but is gone now. I don't count The Terrace as a PC establishment, since they're really at Inlet Beach. I don't have a good explanation for this. Even leaving the tourists out of the equation, there's a ton of local money in PC that should support nice restaurants year round. I guess the locals in Bay County, even the monied ones, just don't appreciate the finer things. The Redneck Riviera lives on.

According to the Walton TDC presentation, the average household income of a PC visitor is 76K, Walton County visitor 150K, Okaloosa County vistor, 126K.

Maybe that is your answer.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
Please dont confuse Panama City with Panama City Beach. PCB has better restaurants and bars than 30-A and destin combined and it isnt even close. Theres nothing that beats RedBar on 30-A, fine dining or not. Fine dining is such a primadonna term anyway. If a restaurant isnt a good place to drink at, who cares about the food. I live in Inlet beach, plenty of great places to eat so Im looking for something else. Its all the same anyway, we should be one county from Hathaway bridge to Destin.

To say that PC has better restaurants than 30-A and Destin is beyond ridiculous. PC has NOTHING to compare to Paradis, Chops, Cafe 30-A, Bud & Alley's, Fish Out of Water, Borago, Basmati's, Cafe Provence, Seagar's, Cuvee Beach, Marina Cafe, Commander's Palace, and the list goes on and on. Hell, Ruth's Chris is better eating than anything in PC, and it's a damn CHAIN. Call all those places "fine dining" or whatever you want, just call them better than the Redneck Riviera's lousy cheap-ass tourist traps.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
There used to be Canopies on 15th that I thought was good but alas, they sold out so more condo's could be built. Don't think the project went ahead but the restaraunt is gone.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

Wow, that's an amazingly blunt statement. Could you please enlighten those of us who aren't aware of the fine dining establishments in PCB?

P.S. If it's in Pier Park it's a chain and not fine dining.

There used to be Canopies on 15th that I thought was good but alas, they sold out so more condo's could be built. Don't think the project went ahead but the restaraunt is gone.

Canopies did sell out for condos along with the stereotypical 50's Chinese restaurant. However, the owners of Canopies reopened Firefly. I haven't tried it yet, but if you're looking for "fine dining" in a strip mall, apparently it is the place to go.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
They have tablecloths

How about Capt. Anderson's? That is fine dining PCB style. Not much in the sauce dept, but really fresh seafood and good steaks too. I find these old time Florida places charming!

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
How about Capt. Anderson's? That is fine dining PCB style. Not much in the sauce dept, but really fresh seafood and good steaks too. I find these old time Florida places charming!

Anderson's is very good eating at times, but it's far from fine dining. It's a good greek seafood joint that is sometimes a little off on quality because they handle such a high volume of customers.