• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mvelotas

Beach Comber
Aug 4, 2009
Miami..dammit!
We are in the process of finishing our new house and moving permanantly here. I want to try to use the local wild Blue Lupine plant but need some pointers and advice on just where to place them.

Thanks,

Mike

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
A good idea to go native! I have not seen Lupine for sale. Don't try to transplant they'll just die.

:welcome: :sowal:

Last edited:

mvelotas

Beach Comber
Aug 4, 2009
Miami..dammit!
Also- Anyone know of people that handle long term rentals? We may need to leave Miami in the next month or two putting us way ahead of our March/April 2016 move in.

Thx!

mvelotas

Beach Comber
Aug 4, 2009
Miami..dammit!
I just want to keep out property pretty "local" flora. I HATE palm trees (ala Miami--disgusting down here!) and am planting zero grass. Thinning out some scrub pines and keeping the long needles. Read to try to gather the seeds and wet and scratch them. Start germination in your fridge, then move to the soil....

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I just want to keep out property pretty "local" flora. I HATE palm trees (ala Miami--disgusting down here!) and am planting zero grass. Thinning out some scrub pines and keeping the long needles. Read to try to gather the seeds and wet and scratch them. Start germination in your fridge, then move to the soil....
Let me know how it goes.

Check local nurseries for natives.