• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Santa Rosa Pete

Beach Comber
Jul 6, 2005
ATL & SRB
Just received notice this week from my windstorm insurance company that my policy will not be renewed in January 2006 because -- can you believe this? --- our house is not on a paved street! What in hell does a paved street have to do with windstorm coverage?

Anybody have recommendations on a windstorm insurer? I've never made a claim and have been cancelled now twice in less than two years.

:dunno:

Santa Rosa Pete said:
Just received notice this week from my windstorm insurance company that my policy will not be renewed in January 2006 because -- can you believe this? --- our house is not on a paved street! What in hell does a paved street have to do with windstorm coverage?

Anybody have recommendations on a windstorm insurer? I've never made a claim and have been cancelled now twice in less than two years.

:dunno:
Same thing happened to us. Our neighbors have been wanting to replace our gravel road with pavers, so we asked the insurance company if we installed pavers would they reissue our policy. They said they didn't consider a street with pavers being a paved street. :bang: :pissed:

We're still looking for insurance. If I find someone willing to insure us, I'll let you know.

bsmart

brain
Aug 19, 2005
Atlanta, GA.
Maybe it has something to do with being able to recover property and locating the site of your home, after God forbid a massive hurricane, which would totally destroy the house? Often times after the destruction streets are the only way to tell where one's home once stood, especially if we are talking cat 5 or in other parts of the country-F5 tornadoes.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Since Seaside's roads are all pavers, how do those owners get insurance. WaterColor also has a few streets made of pavers. Surely, there are exceptions. :dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Beach Runner said:
Maybe because they're north of 30-A? I think the insurance company is just using any excuse to drop their beach-close customers.

I guess you can be glad that your insurance company is not cussing you out. I have heard some crazy stories, including just that. I guess they think it is easier if their customers leave them. The insurance company gets a sucker punch and that is it. :boxing:

Santa Rosa Pete

Beach Comber
Jul 6, 2005
ATL & SRB
I'm north of 30-A by a block and out of the 100-year flood plain (supposedly). I believe it would take a storm surge of 20-25 feet to affect us.

Lookin' for names of insurance companies here, companies you're comfortable with -- if there is such a thing in these windblown days.

Recommendations?

bsmart

brain
Aug 19, 2005
Atlanta, GA.
Smiling JOe said:
I guess you can be glad that your insurance company is not cussing you out. I have heard some crazy stories, including just that. I guess they think it is easier if their customers leave them. The insurance company gets a sucker punch and that is it. :boxing:

My former car insurance agent cussed me out and hung up on me! This was after I was involved in an accident which rendered my car a total loss, and oh did I mention the person that hit me did not have auto insurance?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
bsmart said:
My former car insurance agent cussed me out and hung up on me! This was after I was involved in an accident which rendered my car a total loss, and oh did I mention the person that hit me did not have auto insurance?

FORMER sounds right! Shame, shame, shame on that so called agent!