• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

4dogs

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I recieved this email today.
I volunteer at a very rural high kill shelter We have a chihuahua here named Winston he was dropped off here by the animal control his owners left their house and left him behind. This little guy has stolen my heart and I wish I could keep him myself he is the perfect gentlemen and wants to snuggle he is not timid or shy and loves other dogs big or small and likes cats and kids. He is soooooo sweet but he is weak and very very thin. We have no vet at this Humane Society and usually when small dogs don't do well they are just put down we have just about zero adoptions here. Winston is in terrible need and because he is such a wonderful little guy he desrves to have a chance if your organization can help save winston or you know of one that can please please let me know I will do whatever I can do to help get this little man out of the shelter. Thank you for your time.
I have notifed the shelter that I will take him to adopt out.
Please help this little guy out, he needs a foster home.
*Also I may be taking some more small dogs from this shelter if I can find foster homes.*

4dogs

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Update

Well, I picked up Winston, he is a cutie. I was bad and got yet another dog. Her name is Ginger about a year old. Looks a lot like a Brussells Griffon. and only weighs maybe 10 pounds.
If you are interested in fostering or adopting either dog please pm me.

4dogs

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Another!

An here is yet another one. He is about 9 months old, male, Dachshund. Not sure if you can see it in the photo but his tail is broke.
PM me if you want to help.

wracso

Beach Lover
Jul 7, 2007
Check with Laurie Hood at ALaqua Animal Refuge, she may be able to help. Her numbers are 850-880-6399 and 850-685-0288.

4dogs

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Dachshund and alaqua

I run Adopt A Dog so need for help from Laurie.

Jake is the Dachshunds name. His owner surrendered him because they could not take care of him. He is house trained and loves everyone. He is full of energy. PM me if you want to know more.

4dogs

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Update

Jake and Ginger have found homes. Thank you for all the help!

Winston is still looking for a foster or forever home.
He loves everyone and is housetrained.
He is so thin he needs the comforts of a home to get his weight back on. Winston is currently being kenneled as there were no foster homes open.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
Can Winston have company?

I would go by to visit and play with Winston! He must be lonesome. Still looking for a foster home for him, I have not given up. Amy

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Oh my gosh he has such a sweet face. I'm over my limited with dogs and cats. But I will try to help you find someone. Is he neutered?

Where do you live? You can pm me.

God bless you for the work you do!:bow: And to everyone else on this board that help the "Throw Away Pets":clap::clap::clap:

:wave:Kat