• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Guys, I know this has been discussed before...but tomorrow is my contract expiration date with Nextel (yee-haw!) and we ARE going to switch service providers on Saturday. I was with Alltel before and was perfectly happy (and, they stayed pretty much up through Ivan) so that was my choice. However, relatives are urging me to go to Cingular. OK, fine, I'll take a look, rollover minutes seem like a good idea. Now, my husband has a co-worker who uses Verizon and hub has just become enamored with said friend's phone ("It's clear as a bell in Inlet Beach!"). So, what was going to be a simple decision has become muddied. :bang:

Recommendations? Dead spots for each company in SoWal? Maybe SJ or Daddy-O can post a link to the thread we had before? :dunno:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
jessifunn said:
my mom has alltel and lives in seagrove. she has horrible service.
i have cingular and it is pretty good. there is a dead spot between grayton and blue mountain for less than 1/4 of a mile. besides that i am happy with cingular.

And I can vouch for the fact that jfunns service is good. ;-) Even at 1:00 in the morning driving to the Seabar!!!!!

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
jessifunn said:
my mom has alltel and lives in seagrove. she has horrible service.
i have cingular and it is pretty good. there is a dead spot between grayton and blue mountain for less than 1/4 of a mile. besides that i am happy with cingular.

Cingular! :clap_1:

That reminds me I need to pay my bill.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I also have cingular and have been happy with the service. Although today I am sitting a parade of homes house and I only have one bar....:bang:

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
I have Cingular and have great service there. Have friends with Sprint and T Mobile and they never have as many bars as I do. It does get low for a short distance in Blue Mountain. Compared to all the others I have much better service.

I have T-Mobile. Can't get service between Troy and Defuniak Springs. On 30-A I can't depend on service in Seaside or at Alys Beach. I know this all too well because before I got plantar fasciitis, I ran from Rosemary to Seaside and back and was always scared early in the AM in areas where I couldn't make an emergency phone call.

My husband has Verizon and has service virtualy everywhere (except for a few random spots).

taterbaby

Beach Lover
Feb 18, 2005
GO CINGULAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heheheheh I own a store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to know we will have service in July!!! Thanks Keep plugging CINGULAR!!!!!!!!! hehe

taterbaby

Beach Lover
Feb 18, 2005
GO CINGULAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heheheheh I own a store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to know we will have service in July!!! Thanks Keep plugging CINGULAR!!!!!!!!! hehe :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: