• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sajones55

Beach Crab
Aug 16, 2009
Hi, my name is Sara. I'm a single empty nester who is about to make a move from the state for the first time. I have a home to sell here and plan to wait for Spring when it will show best. Then I'm going to fly away from here. I am considering Sarasota or somewhere in the Panhandle. I have tons of questions so expect to see some more of me. I'm glad I found site. There's a ton of info here.

Sara

The people I know in Wisconsin (hubby's family) have no desire for sun or a tan. When they vacation, they go NORTH (a.k.a. being COLDER)!. Hubby has been in The South so long, and I was born and reared in ATL, that we just don't get them. :dunno:

You must be a rebel, sajones55. :lol: ^5

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
How exciting! You are one smart cookie, sara! Is the 55, your age? If so, it confirms my idea that when you turn 55, a lightbulb goes off! (I jsut turned 55 and a floodlight has gone off :D) I hope you do continue to post...it will be fascinating to follow your story and find out where you land after flying from the cold empty nest!
:welcome:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

Feel free to ask all the questions you want answered. Sowal is a wonderful place to exchange information in a friendly way.

:wave:

sajones55

Beach Crab
Aug 16, 2009
Nice People

How exciting! You are one smart cookie, sara! Is the 55, your age? If so, it confirms my idea that when you turn 55, a lightbulb goes off! (I jsut turned 55 and a floodlight has gone off :D) I hope you do continue to post...it will be fascinating to follow your story and find out where you land after flying from the cold empty nest!

So far I've learned that people on this site are very nice! That's a good sign. This really is a big deal for me having lived here all my life. I got divorced 12 yrs ago and raised my young daughter who know is in college in Madison. Thank God I have 3 little dogs or I'd be bouncing off the walls. I have had a lot of challenges but I also learned I am strong and independent and I want to stay that way. I was born in 55 and will be 55 in Feb. I agree that the 50's are a time for reinventing yourself. There's still plenty of time to be a new and improved you.

Sara