• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Camellia

Beach Fanatic
Nov 26, 2004
Please join Habitat for Humanity of Walton County as we expand out programs to include Women Build.
Habitat for Humanity of Walton County, Florida, announces its first ?Women Build? program in February of 2010.

In late February, volunteers who have been working on House # 19 on East Daisy Street in Mossy Head since the October wall raising will be passing the hard hat over to a team comprised exclusively of women for the affiliate?s inaugural Women Build project.

Women Build is a Habitat for Humanity International program that encourages women to make a difference by building homes and communities. Women Builds provide an environment in which women can feel comfortable learning construction skills they might not otherwise have the opportunity to learn

The affiliate is inviting women to join them as they install trim work, hang cabinets, paint, landscape, and complete the punch list to prepare the home for the new occupant. We are looking for crews of women who are interested in helping out a family in need, honing their construction skills and spending a day in the company of other women working together. Calling on book clubs, tennis teams, church groups, neighborhoods, teachers, bank employees, realtors, doctors, corporations... in other words, anywhere women work together. Please spread the word and gather a group of friends or join one of our general crews to help us out

We will work side by side with homeowner, Mary Scott. Long time Walton county resident, Scott, will be moving close to her employer at a nearby Tom Thumb. Mary will be relocating from a trailer and is excited to be moving into her own home.

Please respond by e-mail with Women Build in the subject line and we will furnish additional details about the build site, dates and times.

Stay tuned for upcoming announcements during the Third Annual National Women Build Week, which will take place May 1-9, 2010, at hundreds of Habitat build sites across the United States.

For general information about Habitat for Humanity of Walton County, Florida please visit our web page at Walton County Habitat Home or visit us on Facebook.

Waltonrep1

Beach Comber
Nov 16, 2009
My name is Matt Algarin, I am with the Walton Sun. I would like some additional information about this project.

Matt Algarin
Malgarin@waltonsun.com

Please join Habitat for Humanity of Walton County as we expand out programs to include Women Build.
Habitat for Humanity of Walton County, Florida, announces its first ?Women Build? program in February of 2010.

In late February, volunteers who have been working on House # 19 on East Daisy Street in Mossy Head since the October wall raising will be passing the hard hat over to a team comprised exclusively of women for the affiliate?s inaugural Women Build project.

Women Build is a Habitat for Humanity International program that encourages women to make a difference by building homes and communities. Women Builds provide an environment in which women can feel comfortable learning construction skills they might not otherwise have the opportunity to learn

The affiliate is inviting women to join them as they install trim work, hang cabinets, paint, landscape, and complete the punch list to prepare the home for the new occupant. We are looking for crews of women who are interested in helping out a family in need, honing their construction skills and spending a day in the company of other women working together. Calling on book clubs, tennis teams, church groups, neighborhoods, teachers, bank employees, realtors, doctors, corporations... in other words, anywhere women work together. Please spread the word and gather a group of friends or join one of our general crews to help us out

We will work side by side with homeowner, Mary Scott. Long time Walton county resident, Scott, will be moving close to her employer at a nearby Tom Thumb. Mary will be relocating from a trailer and is excited to be moving into her own home.

Please respond by e-mail with Women Build in the subject line and we will furnish additional details about the build site, dates and times.

Stay tuned for upcoming announcements during the Third Annual National Women Build Week, which will take place May 1-9, 2010, at hundreds of Habitat build sites across the United States.

For general information about Habitat for Humanity of Walton County, Florida please visit our web page at Walton County Habitat Home or visit us on Facebook.

Camellia

Beach Fanatic
Nov 26, 2004
Thanks for your interest. I've e-mailed you both. Please pm me if you haven't received my e-mail.