• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
hey, i'm just copying and pasting. below-well-capitalized? that would be me!

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
Banks are hurting. Bank of Bonifay has already been bought out, courtesy of you guys and the Tarp funds. I think Protective Life is buying them and it closes this month. Vision Bank actually has a pretty strong parent company in Ohio, I think, and is probably in better shape than the chart would suggest.

Banks are hurting. Bank of Bonifay has already been bought out, courtesy of you guys and the Tarp funds. I think Protective Life is buying them and it closes this month. Vision Bank actually has a pretty strong parent company in Ohio, I think, and is probably in better shape than the chart would suggest.

You know alot about banking and/or loans. Can you help me with what the chart means by below-well-capitalized? It sounds like it means kinda limbotic.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I love that one of the banks is called Integrity. :funn:

Santiago, my understand was that Vision bank was propped up with condo mortgages and was a "developers" bank. Seems a lot of banks appeared on the scene during the boom. If those boom mortgages go bust won't the banks that seem to be there solely to store them?

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
I love that one of the banks is called Integrity. :funn:

Santiago, my understand was that Vision bank was propped up with condo mortgages and was a "developers" bank. Seems a lot of banks appeared on the scene during the boom. If those boom mortgages go bust won't the banks that seem to be there solely to store them?

I think that Vision would already be bust had it not been bought out. My knowledge of their company actually came from a competitor of Vision who said that their parent bank, Park out of Ohio is well capitalized and strong. I think moreso than condo mortgages they were heavy into lots, construction and development.