• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Yes - especially if you supplied the bins. Cost would be the only reason I wouldn't.

I'd probably only fill a bin 1 or 2x a month though (mostly glass, newsprint, and plastic). Reduce and reuse are on my list before recycle.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Like scooterbug said, cost would be the primary issue. You'd have to keep it low enough to make it more convenient than going to the trailers.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Could you make it work if you charged $40 people for a bin (with a number etched in so someone can't steal it and use it) and $10 a month for pickup?

Last edited:

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
JMT - a valid query! Cudos to you for doing real-time-real-life research!!

However, in the CURRENT economy, I (and countless others who may be too embarrassed to publicly admit it) am fighting tooth-n-nail every single month to pay my MORTGAGE, utilities, and grocery bills.

So honestly... while I think it's probably a very good idea in a different economy... at the moment:
'NO' I'm not willing to pay for this service. Along with many others, I'm unemployed... so time is one thing I have! Thus, the time to make Recycle Drops a part of my pre-planned, reduced gasoline usage rounds.

It would be interesting to hear from the folks who have vacation rental units...whether they deem this of seasonal benefit worth paying for.

Don't mean to be a bummer or deflationary of this viable idea... just sayin'... timing is everything.

Good Luck!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Actually I think now is a great time to start his business. No worrying about 10,000 requests in the first year and as the economy recovers you can grow and expand.