• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Has anyone else been to the new park which the City of Freeport is building? They are going to town on it, with baseball fields nearly complete, parking lots close to being paved, etc. It is looking really good. The plan was to include a skate park at one time, and I don't know if that is still the plan, but it is still on their sketch of the park. SoWallers will be jealous.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
We aren't jealous, 'cause we are working on our own! A group met with Cindy Meadows and the design firm out of Orlando on Dec. 2oth. Dates of the public workshops for the final design plans will be announced very soon.

Last edited:

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
jdarg, where is location of the future sowal park, please?

sj, where is location of freeport park? :dunno:

THANKS!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The new Freeport City Park was part of the original land of Hammock Bay, and the 60 (I think it's 60) acres was donated to the City for the City to build the park. It is located just off the eastern side of BayLoop Rd, maybe one mile south of Hwy 20.

Oops, I forgot to put a compass on the map below. South is to the top.

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
jdarg, where is location of the future sowal park, please?

sj, where is location of freeport park? :dunno:

THANKS!

It will be within Helen MCCall- playground, and improvements to existing park.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
P1030252sm.jpg

P1030253sm.jpg

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
For all that I will cheerfully mock Jay Odom's bad taste all day long (because the Uptown Station dinosaur Christmas really really defied any sort of design common sense) I really like how when he gets involved with a development project, one of his big goals is to have it enrich the quality of life for everyone, regardless of income level, who is in the area of the project.