• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

CampCreekLou

Beach Lover
Feb 25, 2005
But you'll never hear of them, because word is they can't advertise!

If you are walking the beach just down from Rosemary, walk up the stairs to High Pointe. Great beach bar with food and drinks!

The signature Mojito was great, as was our meal.

Best of luck to the new proprietors! :clap_1:

Last edited:

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Place is called Cascades. Convenient if you are staying at High Pointe, but pretty average fare if you ask me. Nice place to have a bev or two and watch the sun set.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
CAN'T advertise?:dunno: splain yourself.

Probably because they are a gated condo and only owners/renters are allowed on the property. But like the first poster said, there is nothing to keep you from walking up to the restaurant from the beach.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I could be wrong but didn't it get renamed? I thought I saw a neon sign last week with a different name????
Place is called Cascades. Convenient if you are staying at High Pointe, but pretty average fare if you ask me. Nice place to have a bev or two and watch the sun set.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
You may be right. I haven't been to High Pointe since last fall. Hopefully the new owner(s) improved the food.

Just an FYI. This a new operator. My brother was down there all last week and said it was really good. WAY better than the operator last year which I think was the Spicy Noodle. He said he had one of the best fish sandwiches ever.

RB

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I was there a couple weeks ago. The Cuban sandwich was great and the Heineken was even better. Very clean and and friendly staff. Much better than last year.