• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Yes, it was. I didn't see it happen, nor do I know the outcome. But it did not look good. It looked like a tan colored small SUV upside down on the driver's side of a small to midsize coupe just where the entrance meets the highway. Emergency vehicles were there by the time I drove past. I pray that all involved are okay, but the Daily News has not posted anything on facebook yet, which is ominous to me.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Just posted online: Afternoon wreck slows down traffic in Miramar Beach (PHOTOS) | wreck, car, suv - News - TheDestinLog.com

Two individuals were transported to an area hospital by ambulance after a three-car wreck Wednesday afternoon at the entrance of the McDonald's restaurant on Hwy. 98 in Miramar Beach.
Upon arrival, a Blue PT Cruiser, a Cadillac SUV and a four-door Ford were piled up in a mangled wreck. The SUV had come to a rest on its roof after rolling over.
Deputies and emergency responders from Walton County were on scene and directing traffic around the accident.
According to a man at the scene, who lives in a nearby neighborhood, the wreck could be heard from his house.
"It sounded like an explosion," he said.
SEE PHOTOS OF THE SCENE, CLICK HERE.
The driver of the PT Cruiser, who was uninjured in the wreck, told The Log that she had just left the drive-thru at McDonald's and was paused at the exit waiting for her turn to go, when she looked down at her gas gauge and heard "a big boom and a crash." She looked up and saw the SUV "spinning and rolling" straight toward her car.
"I'm OK, just shaken up," she said while waiting for the Florida Highway Patrol to arrive.
She said she had been "snugged up" to the double yellow lines on the roadway and after the impact her car was at least 6-feet away from where it had been.
"I was lucky," she said. "It could have been a lot worse."
It was the second rollover on Highway 98 and the third wreck with injuries this week on Destin roadways.