• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
Just wondering if anyone else heard it? I was outside cleaning out my car around 7ish last night when a car was going down Bay Dr., I thought to myself that it was the loudest car I have ever heard then it sounded like it sped up and then a very loud Bam. I told my mom that the car either blew an engine or hit a tree. I really just thought he blew an engine but a few minutes later I was pulling out onto Bay and there were 2 cop cars at the very end with the lights going. About 10 minutes later I was coming back home and I saw a wrecker coming by with a totally smashed up car or truck on the back bed of the wrecker so I am supposing maybe the person sped up thinking Bay Drive was not a dead end and went totally off the pavement towards the water.
The car/truck looked pretty smashed up and it was too dark to tell if it was a car or truck but I hope no one was hurt :dunno:

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
We saw the aftermath while the suv was still where it landed. Looks like it glanced off a tree, spun a bit and hit a clump of three trees. A pretty ugly scene.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I haven't heard anything, but it's not terribly unusual for motorists unfamiliar with the area to go off the end of Bay Drive and also 395 at the ferry landing, thinking they are on 331. Or at least that used to happen a lot.

It's hard to imagine why one would think that, but crazier things have happened.