• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
For those of you that do not know, without a good daily paper, the locals in the north end of the county turn to WZEP AM for thier daily news coverage. WZEP also sends out a daily email of the news stories, obits, meetings, and other stuff.

Kevin Chilcutt, reporter for WZEP is the one that broke the story on the illegal activitie in regards to public meetings at the last TDC blue sign meeting.

I just got around to reading my daily news report and see that they are now including the BCC agenda, which is linked back to the board packet information. Now, not only do we get the agenda, we can see quite a bit of the back up information that the commissioners are using to base their decisions. This is a result of the fantastic job that Chris Mitchell is doing as the PIO for the county. He has led the way to implement this packet information online, and Kevin is going even further by making it a part of his electronic news.

I hope that this step will soon be followed by all of the government agencies meeting in Walton County, including the Walton County School District. Nothing like seeing technology put to a good use, as well as some trees being saved at the same time.

TO SUBSCRIBE:
You may also simply email from the account you wish to receive the newsletter at, sending an email to wzep-subscribe@googlegroups.com. Either way you will then get a verification email you simply reply to and then be added to the list. If you have problems e-mail us a note at wzep@wzep1460.com or visit our Website at http://www.wzep1460.com.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Yes, that is good news. In addition to all of that, Ray Padgett, with the Walton County Democrats, recently began posting video of the actual BCC meetings online, and each meeting is divided into topics, so we don't have to sit through 4 hours of meeting to find the section for which we are looking. Here is the link.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Good news all around! I would do almost anything to avoid sitting through those long meetings!:clap:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Thanks again for the info. I see that the WalCo website now includes links to the tabs on the agenda. Yippie!

Yep. Government does not realize the standard that Chris Mitchell has just set. Maybe the Taxpayers Association will give him a plaque or something. Now if we could just get the rest of them to fully understand what is meant by "public record".

Last edited:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Yep. Government does not realize the standard that Chris Mitchell has just set. Maybe the Taxpayers Association will give him a plaque or something. Now if we could just get the rest of them to fully understand what is meant by "public record".

and Sunshine Law:D

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
The WCTA made the request to implement this over two years ago. They were also the first group to recognize the efforts of Mr. Mitchell. That recognition was made to the County commissioners at the BCC meeting two weeks ago. They are also on record to expand the service to all sitting boards and commissions amd have stated their support for adequate funding of this important public access issue.

The WCAT site also has links to the Online tabs for the Commission agandas and tabs.