• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

groveral

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
birmingham
every once in a while, I just require a great cheeseburger....who has the best on 30a?? I have tried/enjoyed Seagrove Market and Shades versions...is there any better I should try?

LOVE THE BEACH and every dern thing about it.....

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
groveral said:
every once in a while, I just require a great cheeseburger....who has the best on 30a?? I have tried/enjoyed Seagrove Market and Shades versions...is there any better I should try?

Number 1 - SnapperHeads
Number 2 - Donut Hole, located very close to 30-A
Number 3 - the Kobe Burger served at Gravel Road in uptown Grayton.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
My absolute favorite cheeseburger and fry - Smiling Fish... :D (they have good fries, which is a requirement to complete a good burger!!) some of these tourist restaurants have those awful fries that are not real at all - with some kind of outer crust on them - yuck! we will not go to those places because of their poor choice of fries!!!

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Does Smiling Fish have burgers all the time, or just at lunch, or :dunno: Or is there a magic word?

The reason I ask is that hoping to try the famous Smiling Fish, my son and I went there late one afternoon a couple of months back. The menu selections looked fantastic to me, but not to the 13 year old. I asked about burgers or chicken fingers for young people, and the waitress looked at my young teenager and said, "well, only if they are little." I wasn't going to pay $15 - $20 for something he won't eat (yeah, I failed in the not-raising-a-picky-eater department), so we ended up leaving.

Also, my office is ALWAYS on the lookout for burgers, and the closer, the better. :cool:

southof30A

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2004
groveral said:

Coram's - a Waffle House kind of place located on 98, a few miles east of east end of 30A. Couple it with a trip to Home Helpers for hardware and Publix for grub and it's not a wasted drive off of 30A.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
ShallowsNole said:
Does Smiling Fish have burgers all the time, or just at lunch, or :dunno: Or is there a magic word?

The reason I ask is that hoping to try the famous Smiling Fish, my son and I went there late one afternoon a couple of months back. The menu selections looked fantastic to me, but not to the 13 year old. I asked about burgers or chicken fingers for young people, and the waitress looked at my young teenager and said, "well, only if they are little." I wasn't going to pay $15 - $20 for something he won't eat (yeah, I failed in the not-raising-a-picky-eater department), so we ended up leaving.

Also, my office is ALWAYS on the lookout for burgers, and the closer, the better. :cool:

their burger/fry plate is probably around $12 (their prices have increased recently). with drink we're talking $15 or more. fairly average for 30A. maybe a bit more...

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
southof30A said:
Coram's - a Waffle House kind of place located on 98, a few miles east of east end of 30A. Couple it with a trip to Home Helpers for hardware and Publix for grub and it's not a wasted drive off of 30A.

we have always wanted to stop in Coram's - it's not that far. good burgers AND fries???

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Tootsie said:
their burger/fry plate is probably around $12 (their prices have increased recently). with drink we're talking $15 or more. fairly average for 30A. maybe a bit more...

Wow...I should probably save it for special events. As long as he eats it, I'm cool - as long as my spouse doesn't find out I paid $12 for a burger and fries! ;-)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
ShallowsNole said:
Wow...I should probably save it for special events. As long as he eats it, I'm cool - as long as my spouse doesn't find out I paid $12 for a burger and fries! ;-)

Donut Hole - $5.95 for Burger and fries (I highly recommend the "home fries")