• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
I've seen a surfing gator on the beach. I've seen a prancing bobcat on the dunes. This is less exotic but still gave me a good laugh...

Last night I was heading south on 393 just before the cemetary. My headlights caught something coming toward me that I hadn't expected-

A stampede of about 20 horses (sans humans)!!! There were babies too. They were all running north on 393 and just before they jumped over my car they made a hard right (east) into a long driveway and disappeared. Quite a sight! I assume where they ran is where they live or eat...

They left behind a trail of dung which i was glad to see because it meant that I probably didn't hallucinate the whole thing!
:lol:

There were a bunch of 393 motorists standing outside of their cars in disbelief. One unlucky youngster ended up in the ditch.

Sorry- no pics!!!

Just thought I would share.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
There's got to be more to this than we know. Sounds pretty dang interesting.

Walton Outdoors

Beach Fanatic
Oct 8, 2008
www.WaltonOutdoors.com
I've seen a surfing gator on the beach. I've seen a prancing bobcat on the dunes. This is less exotic but still gave me a good laugh...

Last night I was heading south on 393 just before the cemetary. My headlights caught something coming toward me that I hadn't expected-

A stampede of about 20 horses (sans humans)!!! There were babies too. They were all running north on 393 and just before they jumped over my car they made a hard right (east) into a long driveway and disappeared. Quite a sight! I assume where they ran is where they live or eat...

They left behind a trail of dung which i was glad to see because it meant that I probably didn't hallucinate the whole thing!
:lol:

There were a bunch of 393 motorists standing outside of their cars in disbelief. One unlucky youngster ended up in the ditch.

Sorry- no pics!!!

Just thought I would share.

WOW!....
I know there is a stable across the street (east side) just north of the cemetery. I wonder if someone left the barn door open! :dunno:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
That reminds me of my mother and her "camel" on the side of the hwy 98.

When I was 12 or so we use to ride our bicycles all over the woods around Ensley over in Pensacola. One day I came up on a pen, and inside that pen, in the middle of nowhere, was a camel. Turns out this was around the time the Pensacola Zoo was closing. Certainly an interesting experience of which few believed back then.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Geo, you always seem to be in the right place at the right time to witness these unusual events. A stampede on 393!! The local paper should hire you, give you a camera and just let you "wander." :lol:

I bet those horses were way cool. Wish I'd seen that.