• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

carterr96

Beach Crab
Mar 26, 2008
Yellow lab (in desparate need of neutering) was picked up today by dog catcher and taken to Chipley. If the owner isn't located or someone bails him out he will be put to sleep in 5 days the dog napper says..
Does anyone know who the owner is? He is such a friendly dog, I hate to see anything happen to him.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
There was a thread about this dog some time ago. I wish I knew who the owner was.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I have been searching the archives based on every option I can think of. I even looked for OMB's because I remember somebody asking how the dog even managed to run. Somebody has to remember. I'm almost positive there is somebody out there who knows where it lived...

scottalderson

Beach Comber
Jun 27, 2007
his name is charlie and he lives two doors down from me and i will tell the owners when i get home. i hate dog catchers.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
The dog catcher is not the villian of this piece. :angry:

Why do people get dogs if they aren't going to care for them properly? :dunno:

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
The dog catcher is not the villian of this piece. :angry:

Why do people get dogs if they aren't going to care for them properly? :dunno:

Amen! You're preaching to the choir, here! Glad the owner has been notified, though. Thank goodness OMB's are a distinguishing feature, or it could have been any run of the mill Lab!

And yes, BeachSiO2, that was the thread. I wonder why I couldn't pull it up looking using "yellow", "Lab", and "intact"?

:dunno:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
sometimes, even well cared for dogs like to escape, run free and chase the deer.

Very true, but when the dog is running loose so frequently it has its own Sowal thread w/ multiple complaints and someone calls the dogcatcher..............well cared for isn't the first thought that pops into my head!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I hear what you are saying, but some dogs, like one of mine, are crafty. he jumped the fence, dug under the fence, chewed threw the wooden fence, slipped out of a shock collar and chewed it to pieces, etc. all in the name of running free and tracking other animals. He loves to wander.