• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I'm definitely hearing you about dogs' inherant love of roaming and persuing wildlife and new friends, which is why ours all have tags in case they roam! :wave:

Digging under a fence is nothing - my brother's chocolate just jumped out the truck window at 45 mph after a fox!

Last edited:

Crazy K

Beach Lover
Mar 6, 2008
SRB/Franklin, NC
I live on Chrysler Ave. (off Bay Dr.) and there is a male yellow lab named Charlie who comes by looking for my lab all the time. I believe his owner lives on W. Mitchell Ave. I do know he runs amuck all the time and is usually soaking wet from swimming. One of my neighbors on Chrysler put a black collar on him about 3 wks. ago. Not sure if this is same dog and I didn't check to see if he was neutered. Hope some finds his owner. He is such a sweet dog.

Crazy K

Beach Lover
Mar 6, 2008
SRB/Franklin, NC
Guess I should have read scottalderson's reply. Same dog. Sorry, I'm new at this.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I'm definitely hearing you about dogs' inherant love of roaming and persuing wildlife and new friends, which is why ours all have tags in case they roam! :wave:

Digging under a fence is nothing - my brother's chocolate just jumped out the truck window at 45 mph after a fox!
:yikes:

My dogs have tags on their collars, but it's not like they keep those collars on when they are chasing deer, rabbits, cats, racoons, etc. :lol:

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
One word...microchip. Hardly costs anything, and all shelters / most all Vets have the scanners. Even if you don't register the number, the number series can still be traced to the Vet that it was supplied to who, in turn, can see whose dog it's in...

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Got one of those microchips, too, but I am told that not all scanners are able to read the different types of chips. My dogs don't normally roam anymore, because I don't have a fence for them to chew through. I just keep them inside or on the porch, or on the leash, but they do escape on occasion.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I hope that the dog and family are reunited soon. I am sure the trip to "puppy prison" in Chipley (of all places) can be traumatic. But animal control does come in the area ALOT. They even picked up my dog, took in for an "overnighter" in Chipley, but then brought him back to me when they realized they had "picked him up as a stray" out of MY YARD!:bang:

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Yellow lab (in desparate need of neutering) was picked up today by dog catcher and taken to Chipley. If the owner isn't located or someone bails him out he will be put to sleep in 5 days the dog napper says..
Does anyone know who the owner is? He is such a friendly dog, I hate to see anything happen to him.

Pls keep us updated. I don't want another dog but will bail him out and let him cause me further marital issues :lol: if it saves his life until someone takes him permanently...

G

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Pls keep us updated. I don't want another dog but will bail him out and let him cause me further marital issues :lol: if it saves his life until someone takes him permanently...

G

Thank you for being "critter minded". We already have 7 that were homeless...would take another...but I think marital issues would begin. I hear ya!:clap:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
The trip to puppy prison is surely preferable to being a road pizza or serious injury. Not to mention roaming dogs are not welcome at everyone's house- this dog was very disruptive to my fenced dogs.:angry:

Hopefully when the owner bails this dog out of jail, he/she will get those nuts off that dog!! It will not only help the roaming, but will prolong his life.