• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

fonesy

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2006
Illinois
Thinking about renting in Sunrise Beach neighborhood next summer. Quiet or busy? We really like a quiet area. Any info would be appreciated.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
That is a tough question. People's ideas of "quiet" and "busy" are so different. Personally, I like Sunrise Beach s/d, as a vacation spot. All houses are very close to the beach and beach access. As Kurt says, it is very close to Gulf Place, for shopping or dining (walking distance), and it probably has less than 30 houses. However, the houses are densely packed, so you won't be sitting on the front porch without seeing anyone, or hearing other people. The houses have that beachy-feel. It is located in close proximity to Ed Walline Park (public beach), so the beach won't be empty during the summer, but few places will be. If you really want some solitude on the beach, it is a short drive to Grayton Beach State Park or Tops'l State Park, where you can have the beach mostly to yourself.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
if you decide yes, I can recommend Beach Music....

Barefootin

Beach Comber
May 15, 2005
Sunrise is a nice development, however, with the large public access next door, it is quite crowded. If you want quiet, you can try further east along Blue Mountain beach or Old Florida Beach.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Further east IS Blue Mtn Beach, but I can show you pictures of some of that beach in BMB, taken in mid August, where you could touch shoulders with the people on your left and right.

fonesy

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2006
Illinois
We've stayed in Blue Mountain the last 2 Augusts. Where we accessed, the beach was not too crowded. I know that close to the condos, Blue Mountain can be very busy. We have booked in Sunrise Beach neighborhood next August. I'm sure it will be a wonderful week, even if a little busy.