• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SoWalton is getting a scooter and electric car rental company on 30-A starting in March. :bang: You better look out even more so for the crazy drivers.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Smiling JOe said:
SoWalton is getting a scooter and electric car rental company on 30-A starting in March. :bang: You better look out even more so for the crazy drivers.

I've already seen plenty of scooters around.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
kurt said:
I've already seen plenty of scooters around.
I don't mind the scooters, in fact I would love to have one. What I dislike is the that many people who rent them, have no idea how to operate one -- not too different from people who ride their bicycles through the crosswalks not stopping for oncoming traffic. That scares me greatly.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Where exactly do you drive the scooters? Do they go in the road, on the side of the road, or on the bike path? :dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Mermaid said:
Where exactly do you drive the scooters? Do they go in the road, on the side of the road, or on the bike path? :dunno:
The road. Motorized vehicles are not allowed on the bike path. Yes, they will help to slow the traffic on 30A.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
No harm in slowing the traffic on 30-A. I'm glad the scooters don't go on the bike path. That's crowded enough already with pedestrians, strollers, dawdling kids and bicycles.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
I guarantee that we'll have problems with people riding scooters on the bike trail. I often see people doing that. A few years ago I saw a group of 6-7 scooters with 2 adult riding each cruising down the trail near Gulf Trace. They of course took up the entire trail. Imagine if they had run into a runner as they went around a bend. Scary.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
every time they pass each other on the scooters - they start flicking that little horn button (beeep beeep beeep beeep beep beeeeeeeep), and this just gets them out of the house for causing more trouble elsewhere

what to do about it? hmmm...well, you could go the sabotage route with a set of spike strips complete with oj hat and gloves, or you could rent them all a cheaper scooter with a brick in the gas tank so it only goes about 50 feet, or you could realise that nothing in florida is sacred anymore and the large condo/hotel structures are just around the bend, or you could just move to somewhere desolate (that will probably go the same way in a year or two)

I do hate to rub it in :evil:, but I'll be thinking of you out here in the exclusive, quiet, beautiful, sticks! Where the biggest problem is deciding what day of the month to make the 42 mile round trip to fill up the truck, buy groceries, go to the pharmacy and hit the wal-mart - and that's the beauty of it, there just *isn't* *anything* closer! :D

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Camp Creek Kid said:
I guarantee that we'll have problems with people riding scooters on the bike trail. I often see people doing that. A few years ago I saw a group of 6-7 scooters with 2 adult riding each cruising down the trail near Gulf Trace. They of course took up the entire trail. Imagine if they had run into a runner as they went around a bend. Scary.

Just add it to our list:

(1) Dune Police
(2) Beach tent, chair and gee-gaw Police
(3) Bike Path Scooter Police

The times they are a-changin'