• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_252232548.html:floor:

Link didn't work, so here is the copy:
CBS) NEW ROCHELLE The downturn in the housing market appears to have driven two Westchester homeowners to desperate and illegal measures.

New Rochelle Police raided a 3-bedroom home on North Avenue Friday night arresting four alleged prostitutes and the homeowners.

The house, they say, had been turned into a brothel complete with heavy shades over all the windows and a red ribbon placed out by the sidewalk to indicate they were open for business.

Richard Werner and Heather Mezzenga are charged with promoting prostitution. The two are both mortgage brokers who moved out of the house roughly two years ago so they could begin renovating a home on Mountain Road in Pleasantville.

Digg This Story!

New Rochelle neighbors told CBS 2 the house had originally been listed for $750,000 but didn’t sell even after the price had been dropped to $600,000.

David Saperstein said, “He couldn’t get his price, then he rented,” but a series of families came and went and the house fell into apparent neglect until new occupants apparently arrived two weeks ago.

Saperstein says the lawn was cut, and heavy shades were put up on all the windows but he never saw the new neighbors.

“The air conditioning was running all day and no one’s there,” he told us. “But at night there’s five, six, seven cars there.”

Natalie Nanzo said she had even thought about buying the house when it first went on the market and couldn’t quite get over the allegations that the home had been turned into a brothel.

“I’m in shock,” she said, “because these people were business people. I can’t believe they would be involved in prostitution.”

One of the couple’s Pleasantville neighbors seemed pretty sure business problems were at the root of the shocking news. “I know they’re mortgage brokers,” Peter Passidomo said. “And I know it’s been a tough business, so I assume they might have had financial difficulty.”

He said the front of the Mountain Road home had been under renovation for the entire two years the couple had lived next door with their little boy, who appeared to be of Kindergarten age.

Both homeowners, as well as the four alleged prostitutes, who range in age from 21 to 30, are free on bail.

Last edited:

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
The world's oldest profession. Let's hear it for free enterprise!

Speaking of free enterprise, I'm supposed to be working...:leaving:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
CBS must be laughing about every profession today.

New Orleans
New allegations tie Sen. David Vitter to a high-priced brothel in his hometown, one day after he publicly apologized for his connection to an alleged prostitution ring in Washington, D.C.

Maier was among 17 defendants who pleaded guilty in the investigation. With all the guilty pleas, there never was a trial, and that kept under wraps a list of customers that reportedly included prominent lawyers, doctors and business professionals.

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
:funn: I cant wait to see what Shelly has to say.....:D

:dunno:

Ya know, sometimes these stories just speak for themselves.

Here's a link with video: http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_252232548.html

In this housing market, it's really not much of a stretch going from a mortgage broker to a pimp--their customers both pretty much end up with the same service.

So remember boys and girls.....

Be extra careful if your Mortgage Broker goes by the name of Huggy Bear

............ and looks like this:

story.jpg

Last edited: