• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

KathrynLynden

Beach Crab
Mar 21, 2009
Hi, wondering if we could get your help? My family (a group of 7 adults and 7 kids) are staying on Grayton Beach from April 8 - 13. It is my 50th birthday, wondering if any of you have a suggestions on what we could do in the South Walton Beach area to celebrate?

We love to be active....biking, hiking, concerts, theater, live music, adventure, spas....

The more outrageous the better!

Also, is there anywhere to rent "sand buggies" for the beach?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Katrhyn

Biking: Well, there are about 26 miles of bike paths along Highway 30A, so that's covered.

Hiking: There are several places to hike, such as in the state park on Highway 395. Or just walk on the beach!

Concerts: Seaside Spring Concert Series
"Celebrate the beautiful spring weather with your neighbors as we welcome the sounds of some of the regions top musical acts to Seaside. Music will fill Central Square and entertain guests of all ages. Presented by The Merchants of Seaside and 30A Radio. Tuesday, April 14: The Ugli Stick. 6-8PM. Seaside Amphitheater."

Theatre: We have the fabulous Rep Seaside Repertory Theatre | Seaside, Florida | Plays, Movies, Improv Comedy Shows, but I don't see anything on their schedule for April. Anyone?:dunno:

Live music: Abounds. Red Bar, Stinky's, all over the place. There are some very good local musicians --The Red Bar Jazz Band, Jay Liles, Dread Clampitt, WACO Ramblers, etc.

Adventure: Sail on the Nathaniel Bowditch out of Destin. There are a lot of beautiful state parks along Highway 30-A.

Spas: There are several, including a fine one at Watercolor.

Sand buggies: Don't use those words on this message board. :lol: We are very protective of our beaches. These motorized vehicles could easily destroy our beautiful beaches that are trying to recover from the 2005 hurricane season.

So see why we love this place? There's lots to do, it's absolutely beautiful, and we want to keep it that way?;-)

:welcome: Happy "zero birthday" in advance! Hope y'all have a "grayt" time.:wave:

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
we usually celebrate birthdays on the beach at sunset with bonfire (must get permit from county), and bring food or grill on the beach. its a perfectly relaxing and wonderful time. or you could have a funn dinner at Red Bar, then head out to enjoy the beach with a bottle of wine after.

happy birthday!

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
How about a beach portrait of your family to commemorate the big day? I am looking at that particular number myself! I am told that 50 is the new 30. Let me know. Anyway, I do beach photography if you are interested. Another small plug- Fired Up, a paint your own pottery studio at Seaside, has platters that can be "handprinted" and signed by the whole gang. I work there part time too ( full disclosure). A personal souvenier from the beach is nice for your real life home.

Last edited:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
How about a beach portrait of your family to commemorate the big day? I am looking at that particular number myself! I am told that 50 is the new 30. Let me know. Anyway, I do beach photography if you are interested. Another small plug- Fired Up, a paint your own pottery studio at Seaside, has platters that can be "handprinted" and signed by the whole gang. I work there part time too ( full disclosure). A personal souvenier from the beach is nice for your real life home.

Amy takes wonderful pictures and I can't think of a better way to take home a lasting memory!!!! I know, she took mine and Dougs wedding pictures!!!!

Thanks Amy for letting us know you are at Fired Up too!!!!

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Adventure: Sail on the Nathaniel Bowditch out of Destin. There are a lot of beautiful state parks along Highway 30-A.
My family did this a few years ago, it was wonderful! You can take your own food & drink aboard, and they now have a catamaran as well. It is located in the Destin Harbor.
Another small plug- Fired Up, a paint your own pottery studio at Seaside, has platters that can be "handprinted" and signed by the whole gang. I work there part time too ( full disclosure). A personal souvenier from the beach is nice for your real life home.
Fired Up is a great place for all ages! :clap::love: