• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MaryAnne

Beach Lover
Apr 14, 2005
What things do you do each time you come to South Walton for vacation? These are our traditions.
We always:
**drive from Dallas to Pensacola, spend the night then drive down 98 to 30A. We leave EARLY so we miss the Destin traffic.
**eat at Fudpuckers for lunch Saturday before we check into our house
**after lunch, stop at the Walmart near Mid-Bay Bridge and do a little grocery shopping--- non-perishables, of course. I try to talk the kids out of this insane practice but we always come out laughing about something that happened while we were there
**dine on shrimp and crab claws from Goatfeathers
**order pizza to go from Cafe Spiazza, but now the Pizza Bar to eat while we watch the movie in Seaside
What are your traditions?

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama
Go to cottage...moan about having to go to Publix...go to Publix...order a pizza from Angelinas....walk the beach....then do Red Bar usually Fri or Sat which stinks because I don't like to wait all week to satisfy my craving. Courtyard Wine Bar and this year we added Fonville Press and now I can't wait to go to Georges.So many good places and not enough time.....

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Shrimper's crab cakes - either as a meal or on crackers w/ drinks while watching the sunset from the tower.

I actually have to buy a few of the frozen pre-visit just in case because while they will settle for frozen if fresh aren't available, no crab cakes is NOT an option! :D

Paige

Beach Lover
Mar 6, 2005
Arkansas
We leave Arkansas Sat. morning at 3:30 am and meet up with my bro and his family at Seagrove Market around 1 pm so I can get my fried grouper sandwich ASAP. Next, we check in and fight over rooms. That night we eat pizza from Amore'. After that, its a free for all.

shakennotstirred

Beach Fanatic
Jan 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Our traditions have changed over the years. We used to have dinner at the Back Porch the first night there (with oyster shooters) then head to the Boathouse. Now we try to have lunch at the Back Porch (without oyster shooters) on the way to the airport on the last day.

Red Bar for crabcakes is a must every year.

We also have a night in where everyone makes an appetizer for dinner.

KISH7374

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
Walk the beach,walk the beach. every morning to watch the sun come up. We always try to take the kids to the Treasure ship for dinner 1 night. It is their big excursion. Last summer we took them on the Pirate ship. That will be a definite for next summer. Go to Seaside for the hand folded ice cream and visit the Glass Shop. I have a collection of the crystal shells and get a new one each year.

jd

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta
We usually stay in Seagrove so the first thing we do is unload the bikes and ride to Seaside for a couple of drinks at Bud and Alleys roof top bar.
Of course, it's ALWAYS the Red Bar Friday or Saturday night for the crab cakes.... but I must say that the last time we were there it wasn't quite as good for some reason. Oh well, that's ok, I get another chance this weekend!!! Counting the days!!!:clap: I am praying for Fay to be long gone and the sun to be shining!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Red Bar, Grayton, Red Bar, Grayton, Red Bar, F Balcony, Red Bar, Grayton, F Balcony, Red Bar. :D

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Arrive in SoWal.
Buy beer and 3 big plastic shovels.
Drag giant cooler to the beach.
Set up 4 tents.
Dig gigantic hole.
Empty said cooler.
Go to sleep.
;-)

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Red Bar, Grayton, Red Bar, Grayton, Red Bar, F Balcony, Red Bar, Grayton, F Balcony, Red Bar. :D

Arrive in SoWal.
Buy beer and 3 big plastic shovels.
Drag giant cooler to the beach.
Set up 4 tents.
Dig gigantic hole.
Empty said cooler.
Go to sleep.
;-)

:rotfl:...after reading those answers, I will go to bed with a smile on my face!!! :wave: