• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Hi all,
We have some friends coming into town and meeting us in Destin Harbor. It is a special birthday dinner and they suggested either Zampieri's Harbor Grill or Destin Chops? We've never been to either... any recommendations? What about other places in that same category?

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
You should try out any number of restaurants in SoWal first. Views and ratings are some of the best in Florida, and anywhere for that matter. Besides, why waste gas and deal with the traffic driving over to Destin in Okaloosa County?

Last edited:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I get the impression that the Destin harbor area was a location that was an easy meeting place for both parties.

Destin Chops reloacted to Seagrove Beach in the far eastern part of Walton County this year.

If you like New Orleans style food, Commander's Palace just opened up in the Emerald Grande condo complex in the last couple of weeks to very good word of mouth.

Haven't heard much on Zamperi's either way.

Chops30A

Beach Comber
Jun 15, 2008
We would love to have you at Destin Chops 30A! I am sure we can help you find some unique ways to make the birthday dinner extra special...

Please feel free to send us a message, an email or call us at 850-231-4050 so we can begin helping make arrangements!

Very Best,
Chops

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
If you really have to go to Destin for dinner hit Harbor Docks. It's in the same area and much better.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
South Walton's Seagars is always a good choice. It is located at the Sandestin Hilton in the Miramar Beach area (It is not in Destin and never has been). So like I said earlier, why not just stay in SoWal.

kingrenteria

Beach Comber
Jan 22, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
www.myspace.com
How about Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar? They have live music Thursday thru Sat and are right smack in the middle of all these places, so driving is not a problem. They are also featuring a summer seasonal prix fixe menu for $33.95. I also heard they have a wonderful gift to commemorate the birthday when all is said and done.

CK1

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2007
For the finest dining experience, my money is on Seagars. It doesn't get any better than that. I believe it is still the only AAA 5 Diamond restaurant in our market.:D