• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
An absolutely brilliant recession-era toy! An $8 toy...with $10,000 of accessories--why didn't I think of this? Move over Barbie, this Christmas zhu-zhu is going to kick your skinny arse to the curb.

This fad will be the acid test of how recession-era parents are able to deal with whiny kids who've grown used to getting everything they've asked for during past Christmases. These furry barstards are already being bid up to $25 a copy on Ebay and $40-$50 in other places....and there's still 11 weeks till Christmas.

YouTube - Zhu Zhu Pets Available at Toys R Us!!

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Cabbage Patch, part two? :D

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Zhu Zhu makes me think of Zu Zu's petals......good prediction on Christmas sales!

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
"They're so fun without the mess."

Imagine that - fake pets. Now why didn't I think of that? :doh:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
"They're so fun without the mess."

Imagine that - fake pets. Now why didn't I think of that? :doh:

...remember the "Pet Rock?" Our generation bought a rock-in-a-box for $5 a copy!! :shock: Is it any wonder that that same generation got screwed over by the likes of dot-coms, dot-condos and Bernie Madoff?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I must have had absolutely horrible parents - never once did I receive "THE overhyped X-mas gift o' the year."

Of course this may have been because I was oblivious to what that toy was since we didn't watch a lot of TV and my friends' parents weren't buying into the insanity either. :D