Cox Pools Gives Quick Tips for Opening Your Pool This Season
April 22, 2013 by SoWal Staff
While we wait for warmer temperatures, a lot of us, especially here in Florida, are already anticipating jumping into the pool. Why not go ahead and "open" your pool with some helpful tips and products that will make your pool chemistry eco-friendly!
1. Check your equipment. If you haven't run your pool equipment since last winter, check this first to make sure everything is still in operating condition.
2. If you have leftover chemicals from last year, check for expiration dates to make sure all chemicals are still in working condition. Also check for leaks in the bottles or spillage in your chemical containment area.
3. Bring pool water level up to swim level, usually less than 2-3 inches below waterline tile. You can use your hose in the backyard to get this level up if necessary.
4. Fish out any large debris. Large items or trash in the pool can clog your pool cleaner or vacuum hose, so best to skim those out before you start up the cleaner.
5. Add chemicals or "shock" to get your pool chemicals back in balance. Natural Chemistry makes a great opening kit called the Hassle Free Kit, which combines two important opening and closing products. The kit includes 1-1L Pool Magic+PHOSfree and 1-1L METALfree. Pool Magic+PHOSfree is ideal to treat your pool at the beginning and end of each season. It contains natural enzymes that break down non-living organics to make opening and closing fast and easy. METALfree is a highly effective metal deactivation agent that prevents staining and discoloration from trace metals such as iron and copper. METALfree also prevents scale buildup due to calcium and other minerals. These trace metals may already be in the pool fill water or in water added to maintain water level. METALfree should be used as part of a well-designed weekly pool maintenance program. METALfree does not contain phosphoric acids and will NOT raise phosphate levels in pool water.
6. Test your water chemistry using a water testing kit...or bring your sample by Cox Pools for free testing!
7. Get ready to start swimming!
Cox Pools blog can be found at http://www.coxpools.com/.
About Cox Pools Cox Pools, the leader in quality craftsmanship pool building has grown into the South’s #1 pool building company. Family owned and operated since 1958, Cox Pools has set the standard of excellence in swimming pool construction and renovation. With the reputation of building the best pools with the best equipment, and unsurpassed customer service, Cox Pools earns top honors in customer satisfaction surveys year after year.
Visit Cox Pools in Destin, just east of the Commons, or Panama City Beach, a mile and a half east of Pier Park. Look for the new location in Seagrove Beach in May. Get your summer started today!
Learn more about Cox Pools at SoWal Business Guide.