Raw and Juicy Farmers Market Begins at the Market Shops of Sandestin
May 16, 2014 by SoWal Staff
The Raw & Juicy Farmers Market is now open every Sunday from 8 a.m. to noon at the Market Shops at Sandestin. The new market has many of the same local, organic and natural food producers as the popular and long-running Seaside Farmers Market.
Raw & Juicy is a juice bar and organic food favorite in one of the original airstreams on Scenic 30A in Seaside. Owner and Seaside Farmers Market founder Jennifer Kuntz said, “Our vendors are thrilled to be at a second weekend venue serving both permanent residents and visitors to Sandestin’s beautiful resort and the surrounding areas of Destin, Bluewater Bay and Niceville. We opened the new market with approximately ten quality vendors, all farmers and artisan food makers; we anticipate more will join. We are a local food producers market and require all vendors to use beach conscious sustainable packaging and bags for their products. There’s something special about the experience of getting to know the people who grow and produce your food.”
- Twin Oaks Farm with certified organic - duck and chicken eggs, chicken, preserves, confit, chutneys, herb salts, fresh chicken broth, vinegar and sauces
- Fox Farms - pesticide free, offers delicious tomatoes, flowers, greens, broccoli, cucumbers and spinach
- Priceless Health Farms - certified naturally grown, hydroponic and soil grown sprouts, arugula, lettuces, salsa, and pesto
- Greenman’s Garden - pesticide free, locally grown vegetables, wild harvested foods, and gypsy tea
- Raw and Juicy - cold-pressed juices, fresh prepared foods, raw vegan and gluten free snacks and chocolate and vegan and paleo food
- Honey Hutch - locally harvested raw South Walton County honey
- Paul’s Pick of the Crop - hand-picked regionally grown produce
- Working Cow Dairy - certified organic, butter and cheese
- Cave-man’s Table - Arrowhead grass fed local beef and nut butters
- Henderson Farms - assortment of pickles, pickled vegetables, jams, jellies and salsa
- Red Onion - Ready-to-eat-Mediterranean cuisine
- Kinowa Cowboy Cookies - local and organic cookies with gluten free and vegan options
- Sarah K’s Gourmet - gourmet prepared foods, specializing in crab cakes.
Raw & Juicy Farmers Market at The Market Shops is comprised of local growers and artisans who offer food and other products that are healthful and environmentally conscious. It is a producers' market focused on food, produce, cooking demonstrations, specialty items, artisan cheeses and breads, novice and professional gardeners, seed exchanges, education related to growing and preparing food and the celebration of eating and sharing great ingredients.
The mission of the market is to provide an outlet for local farmers, farm products and other consciously, locally-created food. Through the market, our community can learn about seasonality and sustainable farming practices by directly getting to know the people who grow our food. The Market aims to empower through education and awareness, thus allowing local residents and visitors to make active decisions about the betterment of their personal health, that of their families and the planet as a whole.