Escape To Create
Escape to Create fulfills its purpose and forwards its mission through five major activities:
- Artist Residency and Visiting Artist and Scholar Programs
- Fall Literary Conference
- Literary readings and film screenings
- Music Series
- School presentations and instruction throughout the year
Our artists describe the impact of Escape to Create as a profound contribution to their creative life and work. While the heart of every residency is the gift of time and place, Seaside and its neighboring towns are an ideal setting for a unique creative retreat.
The white sandy beaches of Northwest Florida are a perfect backdrop to the picturesque walking community of Seaside. Gracious cottage accommodations support full immersion in work, with the Gulf of Mexico a constant source of inspiration, reflection, and renewal. Time slows while walking or biking along miles of scenic coastal paths. Round table dinners, enjoyed in the ambiance of a private home, are a favorite weekly tradition among our "Escapees." Architecturally distinct venues provide intimate settings for showcasing the creative work of our artists. These and many other gifts from our community create an unforgettable experience for our artists during their escapes.
During the four week residency sessions, Escape to Create's resources are dedicated to supporting the creative endeavors of our artists. After 21 seasons, our mission and objectives are unchanged:
- To foster the creation of work that transforms, teaches, and inspires.
- To provide an environment that supports our artists’ creative goals.
- To advance the role of artist and the experience of art as a valued component of community life.
Upcoming Events at Escape To Create
|7:30 pm||Escape to Create: Word Masters: Don Carroll & JC Hallmane|
|7:30 pm||Escape to Create: Linda McRae A Valentine to 30A Concert|