• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Skunky- Dr. Question!

New posts
A friend of mine did that. It caused havic on her system, and she wound up in the hospital. :yikes: Be careful.
 
The Master Cleanser book has been around a LONG time. It works. Will it make you sick? Probably. That's what cleansing does. It gets the toxins out.

S#!+ in, means S#!+ out.

If someone is really full of toxins, yes, they can be so sick they'll want medical help. When toxins come out, it causes the Herxheimer Reaction, flu-like symptoms.... fever, chills, nausea, etc.

The be careful statement is a good one, but I'd go for the Master Cleanser over Mag Cit drink or enema & jello. That's not a cleanse in the way that you are seeking in the Master Cleanser. BUT do you have an ND, MD, nutritionist or chiropractor that will be there for assistance in this cleanse?

Good luck!
 
Not sure what skunky's experience is with cleansing but peaboy has many years of direct experience and will be glad to help you out.
 
Don't do it! It may clean you out, but will mess up your system. I am sure there are much gentler and healthier methods.
 
If you are going to starve yourself you may as well drink something that's full of healthy stuff. Check this stuff out. www.organicfrog.com. It makes you feel healthy. I started with pineapple juice but now just drink it with straight water. Hey, sounds like it worked for elgordoboy's dad's dog .:idontno: :biggrin: They even sell green energy chewable tabs :biggrin:
 
Not sure what skunky's experience is with cleansing but peaboy has many years of direct experience and will be glad to help you out.

Thanks Kurt...

Rachel and I have done many cleanse programs over the years. We still do full body cleansing with the changes of the seasons (4 times a year). My biggest advice for a first timer would be to consult with your qualified health care professional. Make sure the timing is right, ie: blood pressure issues, diabetis and or blood sugar issues or other problems.

The Master cleanse is an old school cleanse if you will. There are many newer programs that I have had better success with.

When we cleanse, we listen to our bodies... So many people will say, "do this for ten days and only drink this..." Horse poop. I have gone through a cleanse for as long as 24 days when I set out to do 5 days and I have also gone less than 24 hours when I intended to do 7-10 days. Yes, a cleanse can and often does make you feel bad as you are eliminating waste, however if you are feeling as if your world is going to end, eat something.

Before we start we tend to go raw for 3-4 days. Fresh salads with lots of greens, avocado, sprouts, sprouted beans, ext... This tends to help get the body in a pre-cleanse state and makes the cleanse easier.

When we finish the cleanse, we ease back into a food diet by doing the same with the fresh salads, ext..

Some staples that we keep handy when going through a cleanse are: avocados-a good source of protein and fats, apples, cashews, almonds (sprouted) and carrots. Once again, listen to your body, if it is miserable, eat an avo or something.

Thats my take on cleansing. I hope this helps.
 
Thanks peaboy. Interesting. So in other words, you don't have to starve yourself by not eating at all in order to cleanse. :blink: Do you like green drinks?
 
Last edited:
Thanks peaboy. Interesting. So in other words, you don't have to starve yourself by not eating at all in order to cleanse. :blink: Do you like green drinks?

I have gone the starving way many, many years ago. Not again. I feel you can cleanse just as well and or better by adding good nutriets to your system as you go.

Yes, I lke green drinks. I have one everyday.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top