• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Signs Signs everywhere the Signs

New posts
sign pick up

As promised, I began my sign pick up today and put 380 in the back of my pickup. I'll get more tomorrow evening and hope to be done by this sunday.
Alan Osborne
 
Two notes:
I'm told that Robert Nelson and Mildred Wilkerson will be having a run-off election in Nov. I am sure that Robert would appreciate any of his signs being returned for use after these storms roll through. Perhaps he can establish a few drop off locations at local real estate offices or something like that.

Also, the metal sign posts don't need to go to the recycling containers if they are in good condition. Russ Opey at Copy Systems in Santa Rosa Beach, and perhaps other local sign companies, may be interested in taking them back for resale. I believe new, they cost only $.08 each, but why throw something away if it is like new and we can save some trash and natural resources? If I think about it tomorrow, I'll call Russ and see if he wants them, and post here.
 
Two notes:
I'm told that Robert Nelson and Mildred Wilkerson will be having a run-off election in Nov. I am sure that Robert would appreciate any of his signs being returned for use after these storms roll through. Perhaps he can establish a few drop off locations at local real estate offices or something like that.

Also, the metal sign posts don't need to go to the recycling containers if they are in good condition. Russ Opey at Copy Systems in Santa Rosa Beach, and perhaps other local sign companies, may be interested in taking them back for resale. I believe new, they cost only $.08 each, but why throw something away if it is like new and we can save some trash and natural resources? If I think about it tomorrow, I'll call Russ and see if he wants them, and post here.

They are closer to a dollar, and when you are buying 500 or 1000, that huge savings.

I hope the plastic bag signs catch on, so things will be easily recycled, and the ones that are removed by the freedom fighters will take up less space in the landfill.
 
I didn't put out that many, but, I started picking them up today. I think I got all of them in the north part of the county except along Highway 81 in east Walton County. A friend of mine was supposed to pickup the few I had in south Walton today. If you see one we forgot, please pick it up!. Thanks.....
 
Drove from PW to Blue Mountain last night and was extremely impressed with how many campaign signs have already been removed!

Thank you, candidates and supporters!
 
Two notes:
I'm told that Robert Nelson and Mildred Wilkerson will be having a run-off election in Nov. I am sure that Robert would appreciate any of his signs being returned for use after these storms roll through. Perhaps he can establish a few drop off locations at local real estate offices or something like that.


Yes. Myself and Mildred Wilkerson will face off again on the November General Election ballot. I am actively trying to get up my signs, especially any that may have gotten placed on public property. In the south end, if you could drop those off at the Republican HQ, it would be appreciated. I am going to take them all up and put them back out in October after the weather calms down a bit. I am trying to determine just how many I have and figure out what to do from there.

They charged me fifty cents each for those wire stands if I am remembering correctly.
 
Maybe I misunderstood him. Maybe they were eighty cents, not eight, and maybe you got a discount. Or, maybe the high-demand increased the price.
 
I hope the plastic bag signs catch on, so things will be easily recycled, and the ones that are removed by the freedom fighters will take up less space in the landfill.

I hope they catch on too! Or that local sign companies become capable of making them for local candidates as well.

They're so much easier to break down and less waste, assuming the plastic doesn't blow off which I've seen happen before. From a national campaign perspective, I'm figuring that they will be much more efficient to ship as well.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top