• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneLaker

New posts
how big are the alligators in the dune lakes?

And can you tell my hubby NOT to freak out when he sees one sliding into a pond near a lake while we're biking?:floor: I swear he almost peed in his pants & I didn't even notice the gator.
 
They aren't very deep. Recent storms over the past few years have also brought in quite a bit of sand to all the lakes. The depth has a variable mean depth range due to the wide variety of lake sizes. Allen has a mean depth of 3.6. Campbell has a 11.6 mean depth, Western has a 7.1 mean depth. Average is 6.4; Maximm is 11.6 and Minimum is 3.6
 
Last edited:
There should be some pottery around. I don't have any from here. Lots from Little St. George Island. Just talking to someone last week though that got a lot when she was a little girl right out of some of the dunes around here.
 
Aggieb. I've seen a score of little ones. Personally, I've never seen a big one, but I ate one my dad caught.
 
There should be some pottery around. I don't have any from here. Lots from Little St. George Island. Just talking to someone last week though that got a lot when she was a little girl right out of some of the dunes around here.


I know someone that found a bunch of it a few years back.
 
Hey BB and OM. I'll take ya'll on a boat ride to the north end of the lake sometime. We can look for that huge snake I saw one day.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top