• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

CIA and torture

New posts
Do you really believe that saving the the lives of American citizens and military personnel is less important than doing the "right thing", particularly when no one was permanently harmed or physically damaged? I have as much conscience as the next person and it tells me I will do anything in my power to make sure no American is harmed or killed. Is that succinct enough for your "conscience"?


You don't know if this is true.

If you are referring to torture, we agree to disagree.
 
I'm really proud of you driving. Your most lucid post ever. It's alright that 90% of the content is mine.:lol:
Yes, 90% of it is yours, and as usual, that 90% sucks!
 
You don't know if this is true.

If you are referring to torture, we agree to disagree.
If you want to disbelieve everything we have been told about our interrogation of our enemies, then you are right. I don't know its true. You are also correct that we should agree to disagree on whether we should interrogate our terrorism captives or not. I think we should.
 
I know it is wrong but I'm just being honest-

Part of me wishes the hardcore stuff was going on but that the media never reported it and we never knew about it. I'm not talking about cops rounding up folks who break the law and beating them to get aggression out. I'm talking about special ops/super secret CIA types capturing people who bomb and kill innocents (and those who plan it/recruit youths in the name of religion) and getting medieval on them. And let the rest of us live with our ideals in ignorant bliss...


Well put.

Most people would probably outright condone torture if it meant bringing to justice someone that had brutually murdered one of THEIR loved ones. Just like most folks that had a loved one murdered will generally be in favor of the death penalty for the killer. The closer it gets to home the easier it is to agree with the eye for an eye adage. It's easy to stand back and rail against torture and the death penalty if the heinous act didn't hit very close to your home.
 
Well put.

Most people would probably outright condone torture if it meant bringing to justice someone that had brutually murdered one of THEIR loved ones. Just like most folks that had a loved one murdered will generally be in favor of the death penalty for the killer. The closer it gets to home the easier it is to agree with the eye for an eye adage. It's easy to stand back and rail against torture and the death penalty if the heinous act didn't hit very close to your home.


Maybe one day I'll write Y'all about my family and a horrible incident ending in death. We were not for the death penalty....I never was, but was so proud when I learned that my Uncle was not either. :wub:

I see both sides and am glad I am not for the death penalty.
 
Maybe one day I'll write Y'all about my family and a horrible incident ending in death. We were not for the death penalty....I never was, but was so proud when I learned that my Uncle was not either. :wub:

I see both sides and am glad I am not for the death penalty.

Sorry to hear that you suffered loss. But, I did say most, not all people. I also think it depends on the situation whether 60% of folks would be swayed or 99%.
 
Well put.

Most people would probably outright condone torture if it meant bringing to justice someone that had brutually murdered one of THEIR loved ones. Just like most folks that had a loved one murdered will generally be in favor of the death penalty for the killer. The closer it gets to home the easier it is to agree with the eye for an eye adage. It's easy to stand back and rail against torture and the death penalty if the heinous act didn't hit very close to your home.
the closer it gets to home, the more you seek revenge. it's only after your bloodlust is satisfied that you realize you can never really get revenge, because nothing can replace your loss.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top