• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Concealed weapon permits in Walton County

New posts

Bob

SoWal Insider
Guess how many Barney Fifes in Walton County are potentially carrying a firearm in public.
 
I guess you can call me Ms. Fife, since I hope to be one of the permit holders this year. Women especially need some form of protection, it doesn't have to be a gun, but for me I will have a gun, pepper spray and a large, mean black dog since women, children and the elderly unfortunately are the most vulnerable in our current society. My gun has 5 bullets and it is deadly accurate at close range, it is not a target gun with unlimited ammo, although I will carry extra.

Recently, I felt like a sitting duck at the intersection of 395/Hwy 98 one dark night, sitting at the turn lane, waiting, no one around, for the light to change, until a thumping car pulled up next to me with some creepy young men, obviously inebriated shouted rude comments towards me (actually they had a beef with my large SUV and I am not sure if they even knew I was female since my windows are heavily tinted). Nonetheless, it frightened me terribly and I took off before the light changed. I had pepper spray, but still felt incredibly vulnerable.

Also, while shopping for Christmas, I was in a department store and had a really strange feeling, like bad energy around me. Sure enough, I moved away from the people generating the bad vibes and again, felt vulnerable.

I like that I can protect myself with a firearm. It is not for everyone, but it works for me. Hopefully I will never need to use it, but it will be there and I will feel better.

Another observation; every policeman I know arms their wives/partners, they see awful things, but they know what can happen.

My hope is that the concealed permit application will make it difficult for someone with mental issues to aquire one. Not everyone should have one, but they can get one illegally. Now Bob, if you can figure out and post the people that get their weapons illegally, I want to see that one. Not the ones that are done within the law.
 
I guess you can call me Ms. Fife, since I hope to be one of the permit holders this year. Women especially need some form of protection, it doesn't have to be a gun, but for me I will have a gun, pepper spray and a large, mean black dog since women, children and the elderly unfortunately are the most vulnerable in our current society. My gun has 5 bullets and it is deadly accurate at close range, it is not a target gun with unlimited ammo, although I will carry extra.

Recently, I felt like a sitting duck at the intersection of 395/Hwy 98 one dark night, sitting at the turn lane, waiting, no one around, for the light to change, until a thumping car pulled up next to me with some creepy young men, obviously inebriated shouted rude comments towards me (actually they had a beef with my large SUV and I am not sure if they even knew I was female since my windows are heavily tinted). Nonetheless, it frightened me terribly and I took off before the light changed. I had pepper spray, but still felt incredibly vulnerable.

Also, while shopping for Christmas, I was in a department store and had a really strange feeling, like bad energy around me. Sure enough, I moved away from the people generating the bad vibes and again, felt vulnerable.

I like that I can protect myself with a firearm. It is not for everyone, but it works for me. Hopefully I will never need to use it, but it will be there and I will feel better.

Another observation; every policeman I know arms their wives/partners, they see awful things, but they know what can happen.

My hope is that the concealed permit application will make it difficult for someone with mental issues to aquire one. Not everyone should have one, but they can get one illegally. Now Bob, if you can figure out and post the people that get their weapons illegally, I want to see that one. Not the ones that are done within the law.
i don't have a problem with handguns, but they are too easy to get without proper training in use/law, and an untrained citizen under duress is not likely to make good decisions.
 
1 permit for every 22.5 people in the county does NOT make me feel safer!

Though certainly better than 1 per 16.9 like Bay or 1 per 13.6 like Okaloosa. Lovely that the #3 armed county in the state is our neighbor.
 
Last edited:
Florida also recognizes all concealed permits from GA, & AL....................Be sure to count all the tourist from those states too.
 
I'm one of those citizens that have a carry permit. I have a business and a wife and kids. I've owned hand guns for over 40 years and have been trained in the use of my pistol. If you are against those of us that desire to have a method of protection against those who prefer to take from rather than work for what we have, then please wear a yellow sign indicating that if you, your wife or daughter are being attacked, I should ignore the screams and move on down the road, rather than possibly harming your attacker.
 
Those that choose to shoot people don't shoot in a police station or a military base, they choose relatively gun free zones like schools and malls. Disarming citizens will be a blood bath. I agree there is a problem but it is not with 99.999% of the innocent citizens carrying legal gun permits. Realistically, it would be impossible to rid the Earth of guns or other destructive weapons. Something needs to be done and I don't have a solution and I am interested to hear any ideas out there.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top