• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
So what happened to Dave R’s thread about property managers and others for having to pay BFOs for profiting off the use of other’s private property? Dave takes an obvious tongue in cheek perspective and tries to present it as reality. IMHO this disrespects the intellect level of those the post was trying to influence. Maybe that's why it was removed.
Someone's feeling are hurt so It was removed for copyright concerns following a claim of authorship and libel allegation. Everyone is welcome to post on our free and open forum as long as simple rules are followed.

Dave or anyone else is welcome to start another thread about the issue without posting the blog screenshot in question without the author's approval.

Last edited:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Someone's feeling are hurt so It was removed for copyright concerns following a claim of authorship and libel allegation. Everyone is welcome to post on our free and open forum as long as simple rules are followed.

Dave or anyone else is welcome to start another thread about the issue without posting the blog screenshot in question without the author's approval.
You all must be as busy as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest!

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Please lay them all out for us.

1) Huckabee's house is not built on public beach. Blue Mountain Beach "beach" was owned by the developer who specifically outlined in writing (recorded in the Walton County records) that the beach was to be transferred to the beachfront owners.
2) Seriously, "people have been parking their lawn chairs and fishing poles since time immemorial"? This is bogus on its face. Lawn chairs have been around since time immemorial? Fishing is a way better argument.
3) He does not chase people off the beach.
4) He does not have security to chase people off the beach.
5) While renourishment of the beaches was done on the west end of Walton County (west of Topsail State Preserve), it was NOT done on the remaining Walton County beaches, so taxpayer dollars have not been used to renourish most of the WC beaches.
6) Quiet title is to clarify ownership of property based on facts and evidence, not on the payment of some amount of money and someone can just "buy" property because they want it.
7) Tona Rama was certainly a case, but it was a specific case on a specific property related to a tower in Daytona Beach. Someone better versed in the law might like to explain it, but suffice it to say that Tona Rama isn't the end all on CU that it's made out to be.

Articles like this are inflammatory. They do nothing to solve the problem and only create conflict among our residents and tourists. The state of our beaches and this conflict have been exaggerated in social media to the point that some of the very people who rely most on tourism are leaders in potentially damaging our tourism industry. I'm told that the tourism numbers do not reflect damage to tourism at this point. We'll see.

There are players with bad behavior on both sides of this issue, but most of us can get along if we quit spewing beliefs and opinions and just recognize the basic facts: Walton County allowed private beaches to developers and has done so even in recent history. The beachfront owners want to protect their rights, but most of them are not kicking respectful people off their beach. There's a lot of beach out there. We can avoid the places that we aren't wanted and enjoy the places that actually like those of us who are respectful.

Think about this: If I own a restaurant, I actually cater to the public; however, if someone is disruptive to my guests, I have the right to ask them to leave. If they don't leave, I have the right to assistance from security or law enforcement. If all my guests are respectful to each other, my staff, and to me, then everybody enjoys my restaurant peacefully. Is it really so hard to look at the beaches in a similar way?

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
Memorial Day is here, and so are our guests. Put yourself in their shoes. Do you want to save all year and have your family vacation ruined because a few fame hungry social media keyboard warriors have the public all riled up about some imaginary historical English Colonial Law fantasy? Do you want their stickers, cameras, or noise in your face? Or would you rather find a nice quiet, beautiful white sugar sand beach on the 13 miles of available public beach, or even on someone's private beach that isn't being attacked by these activists yet?
You see, once the loud fame hungry activists publicly attack another neighbor on social media, more signs go up. IMO The do nothing county, and these #occupythebeach bullies are entirely to blame for our current troubles. The signs weren't here before two things happened.
1) Deliberate protesters travelled up and down 30A to create staged videoed conflict on beaches known to enforce private property rights.
2) The County sued 4,000+ Beach Property Owners to eliminate their private property rights, wiping out their family investment.
Eliminate those two offensive pressures, and we can stop Destroying Our 30A Legacy, enjoy the beach again, and each other. Here's a thought before you bang on your keyboard... Did Vizcaya have a security guard or vigilant defenses up before staged videos and maps of it's property were promoted more than 400 times online? No, of course they did not. But publicly back a pit bull into a corner, and you'll get a fight, or at least a sign and security guard. When you drive miles and miles from your own private beach, to look for, find, and instigate a staged fight, you get to be a hero only to those who don't have all of the facts. Funny thing about the law. It's all about facts. That's what our men and women have fought and died for. Our freedom. Our freedom is based on, and forever protected by those laws. Happy Memorial Day y'all.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Heads up y'all. Was told Sarah Hucks moving to SoWal as soon as the orange clown gives her permission.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Memorial Day is here, and so are our guests. Put yourself in their shoes. Do you want to save all year and have your family vacation ruined because a few fame hungry social media keyboard warriors have the public all riled up about some imaginary historical English Colonial Law fantasy? Do you want their stickers, cameras, or noise in your face? Or would you rather find a nice quiet, beautiful white sugar sand beach on the 13 miles of available public beach, or even on someone's private beach that isn't being attacked by these activists yet?
You see, once the loud fame hungry activists publicly attack another neighbor on social media, more signs go up. IMO The do nothing county, and these #occupythebeach bullies are entirely to blame for our current troubles. The signs weren't here before two things happened.
1) Deliberate protesters travelled up and down 30A to create staged videoed conflict on beaches known to enforce private property rights.
2) The County sued 4,000+ Beach Property Owners to eliminate their private property rights, wiping out their family investment.
Eliminate those two offensive pressures, and we can stop Destroying Our 30A Legacy, enjoy the beach again, and each other. Here's a thought before you bang on your keyboard... Did Vizcaya have a security guard or vigilant defenses up before staged videos and maps of it's property were promoted more than 400 times online? No, of course they did not. But publicly back a pit bull into a corner, and you'll get a fight, or at least a sign and security guard. When you drive miles and miles from your own private beach, to look for, find, and instigate a staged fight, you get to be a hero only to those who don't have all of the facts. Funny thing about the law. It's all about facts. That's what our men and women have fought and died for. Our freedom. Our freedom is based on, and forever protected by those laws. Happy Memorial Day y'all.

You need to get a life, Reggie. You are obsessing about things you have no control over. The situation is in the courts, for better or worse. The BFO’s, however, do have control. Each and every one of them have the choice whether to put up signs and chains. The law does not require them to put up signs to prosecute a trespassing violation. So count the number of signs and get back to me about who changed the atmosphere of the beaches. As to whom is the publicity seeker, you seem to be the front runner. Your non-stop propaganda doesn’t play that well with thousands of beach-goers who haven’t done a damn thing wrong other than try to enjoy the beach as they have always done. Trying to shift the blame is simply ludicrous.

Last edited:

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
You need to get a life, Reggie. You are obsessing about things you have no control over. The situation is in the courts, for better or worse. The BFO’s, however, do have control. Each and every one of them have the choice whether to put up signs and chains. The law does not require them to put up signs to prosecute a trespassing violation. So count the number of signs and get back to me about who changed the atmosphere of the beaches. As to whom is the publicity seeker, you seem to be the front runner. Your non-stop propaganda doesn’t play that well with thousands of beach-goers who haven’t done a damn thing wrong other than try to enjoy the beach as they have always done. Trying to shift the blame is simply ludicrous.
Look LV2, my Pops taught me that if you lay down and let the school yard bully steal your lunch (beach property), and you don’t protect yourself (no trespassing signs), then he’ll continue to steal from you until you stop him (court). BFO’s don’t like signs, protesters and commissioners caused them, blame them. Thanks to Pops’ lectures, I DO have a very full and grateful life. I don’t obsess, I observe. Propaganda is misinformation directed at the unknowing, like Quiet Title myth, no property tax on beach myth, HB631 turned public beach to private beach myth. My posts have been quite fact and law based. And I believe this conversation is quite useful for all viewpoints. Or would you rather censor those facts that don’t agree with your emotions?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Look LV2, my Pops taught me that if you lay down and let the school yard bully steal your lunch (beach property), and you don’t protect yourself (no trespassing signs), then he’ll continue to steal from you until you stop him (court). BFO’s don’t like signs, protesters and commissioners caused them, blame them. Thanks to Pops’ lectures, I DO have a very full and grateful life. I don’t obsess, I observe. Propaganda is misinformation directed at the unknowing, like Quiet Title myth, no property tax on beach myth, HB631 turned public beach to private beach myth. My posts have been quite fact and law based. And I believe this conversation is quite useful for all viewpoints. Or would you rather censor those facts that don’t agree with your emotions?
You are repeating yourself over and over again. A sure sign of propaganda. You are saying the BFO's are being bullied. A sure sign of propaganda. You are placing the blame on thousands and thousands of innocent people. A sure sign of propaganda. I'm going to repeat one of the most important parts of this discussion: The BFO's do not have to put up no trespassing signs in order to prosecute people for trespassing. The BFO's who have chosen to do so are the ones who have created the atmosphere we have today.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
For those of you who just enjoy disagreeing with Reggie's viewpoint, but don't add any facts to the conversation, why do you keep commenting? Just curious. You aren't asking questions, you are just attacking someone else's viewpoint and adding conflict
You are repeating yourself over and over again. A sure sign of propaganda. You are saying the BFO's are being bullied. A sure sign of propaganda. You are placing the blame on thousands and thousands of innocent people. A sure sign of propaganda. I'm going to repeat one of the most important parts of this discussion: The BFO's do not have to put up no trespassing signs in order to prosecute people for trespassing. The BFO's who have chosen to do so are the ones who have created the atmosphere we have today.

I go to a stretch of beach that is private and has no signs, but if what I saw just this morning continues or gets worse, I bet that signs will go up soon. Most of the people who were on the beach were fine, but there were a few of those who insisted on putting up tents and canopies in the morning and then walking away for several hours. That is one of the biggest complaints (other than trash and dune issues) I have heard property owners make is these people who set up their day camps. Who will you blame if the property owners end up putting up signs? How do people know what is expected without them? Even the TDC has signs and they don't give a clue that people are going on to private property. Wouldn't it be amazing if all the rhetoric in social media that is used against beach owners and others were instead used to educate people to be respectful?